Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,501   Online: 1047

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've started exploring my mad scientist gene by buying chemicals from Photo Formulary, a beam scale from ebay, and mixing my own bleach and thiocarbimide toner. I find that I prefer subtle toning, and I can really fine tune the color by mixing my own.

I don't purchase much from B&H because Calumet gets stuff to me the next day, but at least at one time B&H shipped via Fedex, and I've wondered if they have more strict shipping regulations than UPS (which Calumet uses)?

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    B&H ships pretty much however the salesman wants to ship it to you that day. If you order off their website you can choose just about any shipping method you want other than Juan Valdez' burro. I once went in the store and had a salesman in the used department tell me they COULD NOT ship it FedEx, under any circumstances. This despite the fact that I had just walked past the FedEx truck in their loading bay not fifteen minutes earlier, and had ordered from them in the past and gotten FedEx delivery. It's an internal B&H thing about what chemistry they're willing to ship or not, not a specific delivery service restriction. B&H uses them all, from the post office to United Parcel Smashers to FedUp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin