Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,566   Online: 941

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I got a box of 11x14 Oriental WT from B&H last year that had the staining on the borders but it didn't seem to go into the image and I kind of liked the warmth. I wasn't too worried about it as I have seen it before with Ilford wt FB as well. I thought maybe the Oriental was old or had sat through a hot warehouse in shipping. I liked the paper and ordered quite a lot of it from Freestyle and have never seen the staining again. I wouldn't be too quick to discard it as it is good paper. I thought there was a chance that the staining was some sort of contamination or from using dead stop bath. But I guess it was just an old box of paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I do like the warm tone, but the regular VC doesn't exite me anymore than Ilford, which I can actually buy locally, so I guess I'm sort of leaning toward using Oriental WT, and dealing with the staining, and Ilford MGIV regular. The regular tone VC both behave similarly in my lab, as far as speed, contrast, and whatnot and what have yous. The Oriental might have slightly more contrast, but I'd have to go back to my unscientific test and look at it. I did have a few sheets where the staining did in fact bleed onto the image, and I usually have bigger borders than 1/4 inch.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I know that Freestyle has a brand new fresh batch of 11x14 Oriental WT FB in stock because when I ordered it last it was back ordered for a couple months and they just got it in and sent me mine last week or so. Maybe two weeks ago. I printed on it and it was perfect and exactly matched in speed and contrast and color to my previous paper. Also I think you will be very hard pressed to find a difference between the Oriental WT and the Ilford WT. Same color contrast and surface. That has been discussed before in a different thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up on Freestyle! Actually, I find the two WT papers very different. I don't see a lot of difference in the regular VC, but to me the Ilford WT has that green cast that I don't like and was trying to get away from, where the Oriental WT has more yellow. Course, perhaps I was just seeing stains.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin