Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,666   Online: 913

Shooter
    35mm

Question on Eukobrom 1+9 @14C and FB paper

G'day to all.
    Due to lack of hot water in the darkroom and bad heating condition, I have the developing bath (Eukobrom 1+9) for FB paper (Fortezo) @ 14C.
    Is there anyone that experienced this developer at this temperature?
    What have I to expect from this situation as quality of the print?
    Any advice?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I don't have any water supply in the darkroom and my darkroom's in my cellar which is only accessible from outside the house but I take a bucket of water at 21 degrees C into the cellar and use this to make up my chemicals. This works for me!
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    35mm
    You're right bwakel but the problem is also the low temperature of the darkroom, so even if I do a developing bath @20C it keeps this temperature for a short time. The last time the bath temperature fall from 21 to 14C in 1,5 hour.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    anbe,

How about using an oil filled radiator in the room to bring it up to 20/22C while you're printing?

Tom.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've contemplated using a heating pad under developer trays in the dead of winter. I'm not sure if there are models out there that are appropriately waterproof, though (I've not checked). My darkroom usually doesn't get down to 14C, so I've not been all that motivated to look into it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Never used the paper or developer but have printed in a cold Northeastern-US basement darkroom that did get down to about 68-70F in the winter. It took a lot longer for the image to develop and come up fully. I played with a fish tank heater in a large rubbermaid that had bricks on the bottom for the tray to rest in. It worked well but in the end I gave up and just let the prints sit in the tray for up to 5 minutes. I didn't notice a drop in quality then. A small ceramic or oil-filled space heater is great though..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin