Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,690   Posts: 1,482,381   Online: 737

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Photos With the Dead

Okay, so I know a number of us are pack-rats here. Some of us are just too scared to let go. We drop not-so-subtle lines into other threads about our no longer available films and papers. To the effect of "Well, I'll be going into the darkroom tonight to give that developer recommendation a try with my panatomic. Do you have any recommendations on how best to print it on my portriga?" So let's just get it all out there. If there's a thread in the equipment section about how many cameras we've got and how snazzy they are, then let's have a thread about all the things we horde that aren't made anymore.

I'll start. Here's my arsenal, in no particular order of importance.
    4x5: Super XX, Kodalith, RSX II.
    120: RSX II, APX 25.
    35mm: Tech pan, bulk rolls of PanX, Kodachrome 25, Ektagraphic (kodalith).
    Paper: Ektalure G, Portriga. I'm still fiending for some Azo X, Y, or N.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That just about sums up my entire stock of cameras and lenses...

And I also have Guillemot paper, Perutz plates, Agfa film and HIE...

Hmmm - this could be an interesting subject for something. Book? Gallery exhibition? Print exchange?

Could be difficult to find sponsors, though!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What a disgusting show-off...

I've got 4x5 HIE, 4x5 and 35mm Tech-pan, 8x10 APX 100, some Ektalure, a few packs of Cadmium-containing Kentona, some Old Oriental G, some Record-Rapid, some (fogged, meant only for lith prints) Portriga etc

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    35mm: HIE, Svema 64 (I think I saw a roll in the box recently)

120: Tech Pan, HP3
    The Kiev 88: Mamiya's key to success in Ukraine.

Photography without film is like Macroeconomics without reading goat entrails, and look at the mess that got us into.

I have a couple of boxes of Zone VI paper both VC and grade 2. Plus a box of Agfa Brovira grade 3 fb. I also have a box of Agfa MCFB 8x10 and MCC (which I tried and the DMin is way too high!).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    12 rolls of EIR and 9 rolls of HIE.
    The latter being a nice surprise when I checked the freezer the other day, didn't think I had that many left.

Incidentally, I watched a single roll of EIR sell for £31 on ebay last week. Not tempted to sell though ;-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    When the price of Kodachrome 25 started getting absurd, I sold my stash of around 40 rolls from the last batch. It made more sense just to shoot a larger format, if I didn't particularly need 35mm slides--nice stuff though.

I've got some Super-XX and Ektapan 8x10", 10x10" Haloid Industro as well as 8x10" Gr2 and 3 Azo, and 10 rolls of APX 100/120.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've got 4x5 Infrared, 4x5 Kodalith Type III, a bunch of 4x5 Plus-X that I'm reallty excited about, and finally, some SW Ilfobrom in grades 0 and 1.

Images
    I've got LOTS of boxes of paper that's been frozen for many years. Every kind. And they all make you look like you've got a skin disease... so says my daughter.

I'll make any one of you a great deal on them all, just like I got!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Great post!

I got burned using some outdated Agfa APX25 not so long ago, so with film I don't play that game anymore. All fresh and available Kodak TX / TXP, and Ilford FP4 (a few sheets and rolls of Foma but once they're gone I know my two favorites).

With paper, I guess I have a load of Grade 2 and 3 Portriga (thanks, you know who you are) for lith printing, as well as some Azo G2 that I hope to use once I get my 5x7 rig going (a nice Century No2 that I got here for $75).

Great post, by the way!

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin