Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,448   Online: 949

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Not a problem I've ever encountered. Whilst I appreciate that the OP has specific reasons for not processing film straight away, I usually can't get the stuff in the tank fast enough in my enthusiasm to see the results of a day's efforts. Developing films late at night after Er Indoors has turned in is a bit of a tradition with me!

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I freeze all my B&W Tri-X undeveloped/exposed and unexposed film with no problems at all. Its more a matter of convenience with me so that all my film can be found in one spot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well - okay- I'm being a nerd here - but film doesn't technically FREEZE at those temperatures. It contains very little temperature. It's properties don't really change in the 'freezer' - as far as the film's concerned -it's just at a slightly lower temp than when it's in the fridge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    oops! I meant to say "WATER" - "it contains very little WATER" - not temperature. Don't know what I was thinking.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think the benefit of cold storage arises because the emulsion is organic, and will therefore keep longer at lower temperatures. The image however is contained within the mineral element of the emulsion, so I doubt that there is any change in the latent image caused by ambient temperature changes.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin