Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,730   Online: 931

I notice that there are several APUG members located in Western Canada who are also mixing their own B&W chemistry. I am hoping you could assist me in locating a source for ordering chemicals so I may begin mixing my own. Have you encountered any problems ordering from the USA or is there a Canadian source available by mail? Thank you in advance for your kind consideration of my query. Cheers Annie.

Hi Annie,

Try Fotchem in Quebec at http://www.colba.net/~fotochem/index.htm

I have not ordered from him but he has what appears to be a very lengthy list of chemicals available. Others on the net have spoken well of him.

Alan Shapiro (Toronto)

I have. He is good. Cheap. Quick. You won't get fancy bottles. But that shouldn't bother you. The stuff is packed more then well enough. If you need basic stuff like hypo or sodium sulfite then he is on Ebay with the name of Surebet2. The 10lb specials are fairly cheap. Short of getting a 50KG bag of the stuff I doubt you'll do better.

Unless you need something really special I wouldn't worry about ordering from the US. You can likely find whatever you need locally. I'm actually trying to figure out all the things that can be bought at the grocery store.-)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    We use the guy in Quebec too. Anne where do you live?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Thank you all. Looks like I have my source. Eric ....I am on the wild west coast of Lotus Land!.... Cheers Annie.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin