Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,593   Online: 935

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak to exit LUCKY CHINA

Kodak is exiting the relationship with LUCKY China. Anyone has more update on this?
    Last edited by dxphoto; 11-16-2007 at 10:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How did you learn of this?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dxphoto View Post
    Kodak is existing the relationship with LUCKY China. Anyone has more update on this?
    I'm not normally a grammar/spelling snob (well, I am, but I keep it to myself,) but in this case it makes things rather confusing.

Do you mean "exiting" - as in, they are breaking off the relationship, or by saying "is existing" are you verbing the adjective to mean "[the relationship] will continue to exist"?
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    35mm
    should be exiting! sorry for the typo.
    I heard this in the stock market in china.
    will find the english version.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've edited the thread title too, to make it easier to understand.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Lots of links via Google, including a Chinese one (in English).

Not terribly surprising to me - Lucky did something odd last year/earlier this year and stopped producing a lot of their films. I was told by a Taiwanese eBay seller that they just stopped producing them (SHD400 and SHD400CN for sure, possibly others), were clearing out any back-stock, and were waiting for orders of 1 million rolls (not sure if that was each, or total) before coating more.

I picked up a few rolls of the SHD400CN (c-41 process b&w, similar to Ilford XP2 with a clear base with a greenish tint) - not bad, not great though - I found it to be less accomodating than XP2 or BW400CN in various lighting conditions. Haven't tried their "traditional" B&W films yet - it appears SHD100 is still available.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak announced a while back that it was exiting the China business and moving operations back to the US. This has been posted here and commented on several times.

There have been comments on some Kodak films already in the pipeline that were marked "Made in China" that are now marked "Made in USA".

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks Ole.

Here is the website translated by google.
    http://tinyurl.com/2alhzl
    The official announcement can be found here
    http://www.luckyfilm.com/stock/600135-5.pdf (if you read Chinese.)

Lekai is Lucky in chinese
    In short, Kodak signed a 20yr relationship with Lucky 4 yrs ago to beat Fujifilm in China. Their goal was to hold 20% of the stocks of Lucky. since then they had purchased 13%. This news is saying they finished the last 7% and also they will sell the total 20% of the lucky stock to another investment company.

I don't know if it is a good news or not. A lot of people says this is a sign that Kodak is exiting the traditional market in the pace faster than people expected. On the other hand, to Lucky, since it has already gain the technology from Kodak (according to this news), they are going to become the rival to Kodak in CHinese market.....

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Photoengineer,

I just hope they can bring that international version of Tri-x bulk loading film (cost only about $29 for 100' then) back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It may also mean that Lucky can markert paper in the U.S.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin