Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,611   Online: 859

Thread: Pan B and Pan C

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was looking thru some old kodak publications and they made mention of their panchromatic emulsions being classified as either Pan B or Pan C. Films such as Panatomic X, Plus X and Super XX sheet films were classified as Pan B. Pan C films were among others, Super XX roll and Tri-X.

In most cases the filter factors were identical but a major exception was with red and deep red filters.

I suppose with the advent of the new emulsions these old categories don't exist, but I was wondering if people still see a major difference in filter factors between Plus X and Tri X when using a red filter.

What's your experience? How about FP4 and HP5?

Eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Wouldn't this just be related to red sensitivity? I wonder if these docs date from the time film moved from being Ortho only to being pan? Also isn't Techpan different in it's red sensitivity?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin