Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,881   Online: 1050
      
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    eclarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Berlin, Wi
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    1,947
    Images
    71

    Acros in Pyrocat ??

    I am hooked on Pyrocat MC for Tmax400 and Tri-x but have 40 sheets of 8x10 Acros to use up. Any body have any insight to share regarding Acros in Pyrocat??..Thanks..Evan Clarke

  2. #2
    schroeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    101
    Images
    21
    I have tried Acros with pyrocat, but in the 120 size only. It is quite similar to the results I get with T-Max possibly a bit on the slick side.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,879
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    I am hooked on Pyrocat MC for Tmax400 and Tri-x but have 40 sheets of 8x10 Acros to use up. Any body have any insight to share regarding Acros in Pyrocat??..Thanks..Evan Clarke
    In my experience Acros developed semi-stand or minimum agitation in Pyrocat-MC is an excellent combination.
    Tom Hoskinson
    ______________________________

    Everything is analog - even digital :D

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,879
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by schroeg View Post
    I have tried Acros with pyrocat, but in the 120 size only. It is quite similar to the results I get with T-Max possibly a bit on the slick side.
    schroeg, what do you mean by: a bit on the slick side?
    Tom Hoskinson
    ______________________________

    Everything is analog - even digital :D

  5. #5
    colrehogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Posts
    2,016
    Blog Entries
    3
    Images
    16
    I have used Pyrocat-HD with 8x10 Acros and had good results.
    Diane

    Halak 41

  6. #6
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    In my experience Acros developed semi-stand or minimum agitation in Pyrocat-MC is an excellent combination.
    Mine too -45 mins 1+1+200 at ISO100 IIRC.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,314
    I've tried this combination with 120 roll film and it is a really nice combination. I will be using it again.

    Peter Gomena

  8. #8
    eclarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Berlin, Wi
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    1,947
    Images
    71
    Thanks for the replies, I'll try it!!..Evan Clarke



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin