Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,340   Online: 842

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Had a quite fruitful session in the darkroom on Saturday (first set of postcards leaving the UK tomorrow, anyone who's interested), printing with Forte Polywarmtone paper for the first time. I was using Ilford Multigrade developer, simply because that's what the darkroom had at the time, but was wondering whether anyone could recommend other developers to try and what sort of results I can expect (warmer, cooler etc).

Any pointers gratefully received!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ailsa,
    I use Forte Polywarmtone alot. I use a homemade developer that is based on Defender 55. Does not give the green look that Dektol does and has a good life. Look for it in the Darkroom Cookbood by Anchell.

lee\c

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    We have used quite a large variety of commercial developers in one of our classes. All produce acceptable prints. It will depend on the "look" you desire. the more popular choice has been LPD 1:4 and Zonal Pro Warm tone developer.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This is on eof my favorite papers. I have conducted a number of tests using this paper and Ilford MG Warm Tone in a number of warm tone devlopers. I have an article on my web site that shows the differences in image color and contrast.

You can check it out at

http://home.pacbell.net/mkirwan/WarmTone.pdf

Hope this helps

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ailsa, Most of the developers mentioned are not available here in the UK which is unfortunate for they are all excellent, in my experience. Those available in the UK that I would recommend are Grade Select a two bath developer and Warm Tone both from Fotospeed or D163 available from Michael maunders at Speedibrews. They will all give a warm tone.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Unavailable chemicals are my main reason for mixing my own - but don't forget that we can find a lot of chemicals in Europe that they can't get over there.

Has anyone tried the chemicals from Fotokemika Zagreb?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

How about the Forte Polywarmtone developer? I've got a bottle upstairs somewhere, but never really had the time to try it out on Poly paper(I'm not much of a warmtone person myself). I have used it on ordinary paper - Multigrade and some Agfa stuff.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin