Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,914   Online: 956

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    YAY I just received my order of HIE a few more hundred rolls for me :-)
    Good!!! Keep it from the hoarders!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Stephen
    Where did you get your film, how much did it cost, and what are the expiry dates?

-Schaf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Schafphoto View Post
    Stephen
    Where did you get your film, how much did it cost, and what are the expiry dates?

-Schaf
    I did not buy and HIE. I kept 120 and 135 UC 400 from the hoarders. I am just cheering you on.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have some good news for you meticulous IR-on-tripod-with-cuttoff-filter types of photographers, (not my bag).

Efke 820c IR film has the surprising ability to halate with slight overexposure and a cut-off filter. My first tests with 29 and 25 filters and EFKE 820c were pretty disappointing, it's no HIE. But then I did some more testing with a 092 filter and WHAMO! In most instances I have had a hard time distinguishing the HIE shot from the EFKE shot when it's printed in the darkroom.

That being said, Efke 820c is -SLOW!!!, like ASA 1 to 6. And it needs a IR cutoff filter for the full Wood effect to be seen. But it's also available in 4x5 and 120.

I do not shoot on a tripod with a black filter, I shoot handheld, with a 23 filter (light red) to minimize the effect of IR to a subtile halation and grain. I could buy a f1.2 lens, and a rangefinder and only shoot outdoors and probably get 1/30 of a second in the sun... but when I did my EFKE tests for Freestyle in Los Angeles, it felt a little like shooting with the lenscap on. So I hope my stash of HIE will last until someone fills the void in the IR market with a fast 900nm IR film without a AH backing.

If your curious about the halo/aura effect on EFKE 820c see my samples on my flicker site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafphoto/

-Schaf

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used HIE with a red 25 filter E.I. 1250 and developing in Diafine. Big grain but lots of usable images without lots of experimentation. I think I like the halo effect as much as the infrared, to a point I can see one without the other. Is there anything similar in the market?
    Thanks
    Rafael

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ordered it all from Kodak australia the people at Kodak here refuse to state that the film is being discontinued. Down here they are telling suppliers its production full steam ahead as usual. So I figured stuff it I'll but it all. so i bought all of Kodaks stocks. Cause I don't think they would know if their arse was on fire.

I also did a phone around different film shops and bought up all their stocks.
    All of my stocks are dates 08/2008 Is it becoming hard to buy overseas?

~steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And yes thanks for the subtle hints i get it im a hoarder, But i wanted it sooo badly!!! and now with a few hundred rolls at least I can do a good solid body of work with it. oh :-(

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is it becoming hard to buy overseas?
    No, especially not film in an airpack envelope: Eur. 8,00 till 500 grams oversea (USA or Australia, whatever...), and you can disregard the 19% Dutch VAT. (But sometimes you can have import duties).

Best regards from the Netherlands,

Robert

(Dutch Rollei distributor)
    http://gallery.fotohuisrovo.nl/thumbnails.php?album=2
    http://gallery.fotohuisrovo.nl/thumbnails.php?album=10

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    oh and in response to the question of where i got it and price kodak sells it here for $10.61AU a roll.
    Last edited by Stephen Frizza; 11-21-2007 at 02:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    oh and in response to the question of where i got it and price kodak sells it here for $10.61AU a roll.
    Hey Stephen,
    perhaps I'm a bit ignorant but where abouts is Kodak's retail shop front in Sydney ?? Is it at their offices on Waterloo Road in North Ryde ?? I hope they are getting more rolls in after you just bought them out.
    I have been in contact with Kodak O/S and they confirmed for me that all the 35mm HIE has been manufactured and cut into rolls (I was hoping they could put together some 100ft bulk rolls on a special order !!).

regards
    Peter
    Last edited by PeterB; 11-21-2007 at 03:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin