Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,580   Online: 1016

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    oh sorry i buy direct from the supplier. I own a lab here in Sydney so it was easy for me. let me know about the 100ft bulk rolls. have you tried to buy any more in sydney? i have been told kodak australia will be getting more HIE but then again they also ensure me that it is defiantly not discontinued......

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    oh sorry i buy direct from the supplier. I own a lab here in Sydney so it was easy for me. let me know about the 100ft bulk rolls. have you tried to buy any more in sydney? i have been told kodak Australia will be getting more HIE but then again they also ensure me that it is defiantly not discontinued......
    They can't do any bulk rolls because all the HIE has been cut up into 6ft lengths for the 35mm cassettes. They are not coating any more HIE, what's done is done. So if Kodak Australia gets more HIE in stock can I get a bulk quantity from your store for decent price ? (after all, were you trying to bait us or brag by saying how much you paid ?!) I'm sure there are other Aussies APUGers who wouldn't mind getting their hands on some rolls too.

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    bait brag? sorry no, i just thought if im paying just under 11 a roll here thats how much it might cost overseas as a standard price. when i heard HIE was being discontinued sharp pains ripped through my chest hehehehe. Its my favorite film stock so i had to buy as much as i could at any personal cost. which is what i have done. Im my lab I do sell a variety of discontinued stocks however Hie will not be one of these items. I have used this film extensively in the past for my own work and I am intending to aquire as much as i can for a future body of work. if anyone knows of a stash of this material for sale in australia please let me know via private message ASAP. its a shame they cant do 100ft lenghts of the stuff.

~steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    peter do you know if much of this stock is floating around overseas?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    peter do you know if much of this stock is floating around overseas?
    All I know is that B&H had 999 in stock about 2 weeks ago, and as of yesterday they had 170 rolls in stock. I'm assuming they will re-stock that unless Kodak has grossly underestimated the last-buy demand.

Peter

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The problem is that due to low sales, this stuff doesn't cost Kodak $8 a roll. It costs them $15 a roll, and they are selling it at a loss. It's a particularly short-lived film, the IR sensitizing dye is expensive and unstable.

They can't sell a whole master roll (40 inches by 5000 feet) a year, and they can't practically make a smaller run. The part they've thrown out each year is what is killing them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    if anyone knows of a stash of this material for sale in australia please let me know via private message ASAP. its a shame they cant do 100ft lenghts of the stuff.~steve
    Hi Steve,
    Vanbar in Melbourne replied to me a bit over 1 week ago saying

"We have 50x rolls in stock at Carlton HIE135-36 with expiry of 07/2008.
    All of our film is stored in freezer conditions, and if purchased in bulk we can supply freezer packs at no extra charge.
    "

BTW do you read your PMs ? I sent you one a couple of days ago but I haven't even got a read receipt.

regards
    Peter
    Last edited by PeterB; 11-25-2007 at 06:52 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: remove faulty format codes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Shriver View Post
    They can't sell a whole master roll (40 inches by 5000 feet) a year, and they can't practically make a smaller run. The part they've thrown out each year is what is killing them.
    I make that about 28,500 rolls. If world consumption can't add up to that we can't really expect Kodak to keep it going for altruistic reasons. Thanks for the memory!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Freestyle Photographic in Hollywood has thousands of rolls of HIE in stock as of Friday. Their website also had this press release on EFKE 820c.

Freestyle Press release:
    Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing
    Freestyle Photographic Supplies
    5124 Sunset Boulevard
    Hollywood, CA 90027
    323.660.3460, extension 110

Black & White Infrared Film - In Multiple Formats!
    Hollywood, California
    March 1, 2007

Freestyle Photographic Supplies is now stocking Efke IR820 black and white true infrared film in multiple formats. Thanks to an exclusive arrangement with the Croatian manufacturer Fotokemika, Freestyle has secured the United States distribution of this unique and sought after film.

Efke IR820 exhibits the exact same high-quality characteristics of the late Maco IR820c Precision Infrared film. It has a spectral sensitivity up to 820 nanometers, which photographic professionals and connoisseurs consider the "true infrared" range. Efke IR820 is available in a variety of formats to satisfy the needs of the wide range of photographers in the U.S., including 35mm, 120, 127, 4"x5", 5"x7", and 8"x10". In addition, this film can be subjected to black and white reversal processing to produce high-resolution transparencies. This service is available from the Dr5 Lab in Colorado, a strategic partner of Freestyle's. Information about mail-order processing can be found at www.dr5.com.

Established in 1946, Freestyle Photographic Supplies is a leading international retail, mail order and internet provider of photographic cameras, equipment and supplies nationwide, as well as the exclusive United States distributor of Kentmere black and white photographic papers, Foma black and white photographic papers and films, Efke black and white films, Varycon/EMAKS black and white papers, Fotospeed specialty chemicals, Holga cameras and accessories, Cachet archival storage boxes, Image Mechanics fluid mount trays, LegacyPro accessories and Rollei/Maco black and white films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice marketing...... , that's how they call it: DIRECT Marketing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin