Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,719   Online: 1077

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    so you buy the quercetin at a health food store?

I'd be tempted to just toss an onion in the blender, but that's me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkroomExperimente View Post
    so you buy the quercetin at a health food store?

I'd be tempted to just toss an onion in the blender, but that's me
    Actually you can do that (I'd use a red onion), I first did that to extract compounds from onion.

Some water + some onion, then into a beaker, add some alkali (say carbonate), heat and boil for a while. Filter through coffee filter paper, cool and use. Not sure how long a room temp extract would take otherwise. But ethanol at 60% is written to be effective.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I also extracted dimethyltryptamine using various solvents in Acid to Base extraction since we have DMT in such abundance in plants over here everywhere. I never got around to using it, I wanted to try it as a colour developer since it has no hydroxyls, this was the time I was fiddling around with rodial, parodinal and phenidone on colour film and seeing some weak colour results.

Although if you go down that route you might have your local feds knocking on your door since I hear they're pretty uptight there as opposed to over here you can do basically whatever you want that's nout endangering others or dodging tax or dealing black market substances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine

The same with psilocyn in magic mushrooms.. in fact many poisons and psychoactive substances look like they'd appear to be developers of some kind. Mushrooms are easy to start cultures for and grow too.

However there is a compound in many mushrooms that's not a poison or psyoactive drug, and not a controlled substance, and is common in some food and vege shop mushrooms which I was looking at... I need to remember the name of the compound.. this would be a good idea.

The other thing that may be worth looking into is mushroom derived dyes.
    Last edited by Athiril; 02-25-2012 at 07:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ....have to try that...I think I have red onions already

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys need a soxhlet extractor!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes. With the right solvent you can extract and concentrate the active ingredent you want. They are very efficient. Another tool is the Molecular Still. (invented by EK chemists)

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was expecting something out of reach, but this isnt so different to a simple glass still which I have already... excellent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This possibly may have been the compound, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergothioneine

High levels in oyster mushrooms it says, which I was specifically looking at.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And that is derived from thiourea which is considered a carcinogen in California. I guess they should outlaw oyster mushrooms.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin