Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,215   Online: 925

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have used coffee and washing soda and have heard that peppermint tea works well. I drink a lot of it so I should try it as a developer.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see people talking about developing film, but could organic edible developers also be used to develop paper?? Or is paper to insensitive for this. I keep amazing me about the strange things coming up on APUG! Great !!! My knowledge is growing everyday here...

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    It's a film developer!

No, it's a dessert topping!

Stop! You're both right!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well...with a nice balsamic vinegar for stop..we could make a nice salad dressing

RE: Paper......I'm sure these work with paper - I read online somewhere that people have used coffee developers on paper....(it leaves a brown tone)

oh, BTW, the "edible" part is a bit of a joke since you have to add something like sodium carbonate to make the developers work, and that kinda ruins the "edible" thing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got some Diet Mountain Dew to try tonight...

anyone know if phenylalanine is the ingredient that acts as the developer?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I get at least 10 emails a day for some kind of edible product that develops something, I am fine with food being food and developer being developer. Besides, Coffee for developing film is compensating and as a beverage it is a laxative. I guess I am not film.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had tried Mountain Dew based on the caffeine and the vitamin C. Hadn't thought about the phenylalanine. You may find the color changes when you titrate it, which is a strange trait for a supposed beverage.

I'm in Alexandria if you want to come get the mint. PM me for a phone number.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just tried Tri-X Mountain Dew for 45 min with 5 tbsp of sodium carbonate...didn't get an image

Caffeine IMHO does nothing....I've used pure caffeine from the drug store + sodium carbonate and nothing happened

I understand it's the tannins/phenols or something in coffee & tea that do the developing

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes, I think Patrick Gainer tried some No-Doz tablets to determine that the caffeine was irrelevant.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hmmm...the color of the Dew didn't change...

I didn't titrate it...I just dumped in a bunch of sodium carb. ...maybe I needed to use more, or maybe a different film would respond better

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin