Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,538   Online: 994

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I wonder if they know that film is light sensitive?

E bay item # 330189345301

I don't think I'd be buying film from someone that has opened the box to photgraph it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Craig,

Maybe they think that they are supposed to open unexposed film to check on its condition. How else would they know that it has fine grain structure? :rolleyes:

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually, the item description states that it comes in two sealed foil packs, so those exposed sheets and opened box are presumably just for newbies who have never seen sheet film before. But, yeah, that photo does get your attention.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ya don't never know! When you work in a camera store, you see it all. I had a customer come in one day, open the back of the camera, 35mm, with all the film on the take-up spool and tell me he wanted to get in developed!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I noticed it was for 48 sheets - maybe those are the sheets he didn't pull out of the package.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Kodak board of directors includes many top people from other companies who sit on it. During one meeting, they were passing around samples of a new film in new trade dress, and one of the new board members popped the seal on the 120 roll and pulled it out onto the table and said, "Oh, how nice and smooth". There was dead silence. Then the member said "Oh, did I do something to hurt it?"

They explained 'film' to the new member. Then they passed out the prints that were part of the demo!

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I hate to state the obvious, but they obviously opened it to demonstrate that it was "silver" coated, not lead-coated like many other products. Based on that, this film is obviously safe for use by children too. Sorry, I could not resist. ;-)

" Be happy. Take a silver break today !!!"
    MP_Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MP_Wayne View Post
    I hate to state the obvious, but they obviously opened it to demonstrate that it was "silver" coated, not lead-coated like many other products. Based on that, this film is obviously safe for use by children too. Sorry, I could not resist. ;-)
    So this is a product that I can sink my teeth into?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    So this is a product that I can sink my teeth into? Steve
    Probably - as long as it does not have Malachite Green like the frozen shrimp from that region. ;-)

" Be happy. Take a silver break today !!!"
    MP_Wayne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ive had my fair share of shocks I once had a woman come in with a plastic bag and inside was a few rolls of undeveloped 35mm film. the film was not in canisters just loose in the bag.
    when she asked me to develop it I had to ask innocently why? if you would like some blank film I have some i can just give you now? and she didn't understand so in confusion i quickly sorted out that something was amiss she didn't seem to understand her film was blank. so I had to explain that her film was blank and she was asking why why why? and getting upset. well I had to explain to her that you must not take the film out of the canisters it winds back into. that it was very hard for her to get the film out of those canisters for a reason! they are only meant to come out in a darkroom by a trained lab professional.

well she was very upset that her film was ruined and I was very shocked to discover a grown woman could think after taking a few rolls of film and shooting on them that she should pry them out of the canisters to bring to a lab.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin