Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,504   Online: 950

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Slavich Gr 2 results

A friend of mine sent me a dozen sheets of the single weight Slavich Gr 2 160 to mess around with and I couldn't believe the results I got from it. I printed 3 different negatives from 35mm, 645, 8X10 and each one was developed with a different developer. Naturally the 8X10 was a contact print and one of the more difficult negs I have to print. These three all printed EFFORTLESSLY! I printed a Stouffer Test Wedge and the ES for this paper is 1.27. I am really excited by this paper and would highly recommend it. Funny, I could count 11 separate steps on the Stouffer print and I pulled my AZO Gr 2 Stouffer print and could count 12. That's only one different than the AZO. I think that this paper is worth investigating for sure. As per usual forgive the dreadful scans .....

35mm w/XTOL 1:2 Fomapan 200
    645 Ilfosol FP4 Plus
    8X10 FP4 Plus Pyrocat HD 1:1:100
    Note on the soybean field .... The print has excellent separations in the dark areas that the scan doesn't show.
    Stouffer Test Wedge
    Last edited by mikepry; 11-25-2007 at 09:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Large Format
    I did a blind test with couple of friends who were familiar or had actually printed AZO. They preferred the glossy G2 single weight rather than AZO G2 (Canadian). Too bad the single weight doesn't come in sizes larger than 11X14.
    Last edited by doughowk; 11-25-2007 at 10:24 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling error

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I saw some nice prints on this paper at PMA in Las Vegas last year. It's definitely worth a look.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Is that the Slavich Unibrom 160 FB (as sold by Freestyle in the US)? I recently tried some Slavich Bromoportrait 80 FB with the silk surface, mainly just to check out that surface, which I recall from the '70s. The Bromoportrait is interesting stuff, but I think it needs the right subject matter for the silk surface to work right with it. My sister is expecting a child in about a month, and I've some notions of getting some baby and mother-and-child portraits to print on it....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I recently printed some 8x10 contacts on the Grade 3 in PF-130 and loved what I got. I bought some 16x20 to use for my 8x20 negs. I'm going to try it in Amidol next. The blacks are very nice.

Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I recently printed some 8x10 contacts on the Grade 3 in PF-130 and loved what I got. I bought some 16x20 to use for my 8x20 negs. I'm going to try it in Amidol next. The blacks are very nice.

Jim
    Yes the blacls are really nice but I love the whites it delivers. The big bonus for me is price, eh?
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm glad to see good reports from more people who have tried Slavich. Now I don't feel like so much of an outlier! :o

Here's one I did recently; 7x10 contact print; Efke 100, pyrocat HD 1:1:100, Slavich grade 3, PF 130 1:2.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, thanks for the "heads up" on this paper. Looks like a winner to me. Nice shots and great separations, the 645 is really nice! tim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

slavich paper

Doug Howk was kind enough to send me some of the grade 3 in a matte surface not long ago. great paper and will be ordering some as soon as my supply of semimatte forte runs out. I know this is a great paper. very easy to print with.
    Best, Peter

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin