Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,955   Online: 793

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Suggestions for Neopan 1600 in Microphen

Hi,

does anybody have a suggestion for Neopan 1600 (shot at 1600) in Microphen?

Looking at the Microphen fact sheet from Ilford website, they suggest something like 3.25 min at stock dilution. It seems way too short to be comfortably controlled (at least by me).

Has anybody ever tried a 1:1 dilution?

Thanks,
    Stefano
    Last edited by sterioma; 11-26-2007 at 12:39 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo
    Stefano Ricciardi
    My photos on Flickr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used Neopan1600 in daylight once because I had the wrong film with me. Set at EI=500. I did a test roll first before developing: one half in Microphen 1+1 20degC 4min with some gentle inversion. Exposure was good (generous) and not contrasty. But I found it grainy, but that was partly because the subject required more fine detail (groups of people). The other half I did in Xtol 1+1 20degC 6.25min similar agitation and I much preferred it to the Microphen (at that EI and for that subject

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin