Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,823   Online: 879

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

The really slow films reciprocity failure

I tried researching this question but didn't find much.

One of the reasons I like Acros and Tmax 100 is they have no reciprocity failure. I like to shoot 120 film stopped down, in dark areas, and I shy away from some of the really slow traditional films from Efka and Rollei and such because I don't want to deal with reciprocity failure. My question is simply are there other slow very fine grain films that you can shoot up to 15 seconds with out reciprocity failure?

PS I was looking at an old Diane Arbus print the other day (the young twins) that you could cearly read ADOX on the edge of the film. Is ADOx a standard slow fine grained film or is it somehow specialized like through color sensitivity or something?

Thanks
    Dennis

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I tried efke25 at exposures from 1 to 32 seconds (with corresponding changes to the aperture). Just looking at the negatives, I did not see that much reduced density at 32 s than 1. I was very surprised. Not sure if anyone can collaborate on this...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have done some very limited low light tests with efke R 50 and I found that there was very little difference in density between 15, 30 and 60 seconds of exposure using the same aperture.

I gave the film reduced development in Rodinal 1+100.

How about APHS? The ISO is something like 3 or 4?? Dirt cheap compared to other orthos and panchros and you can get mid tones using spent paper developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot lots of efke 25 and don't correct for exposures 8 seconds or shorter. At 12 seconds i open up 1/3 stop and i never reduce development in rodinal. I only use the stuff under soft lighting conditions though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin