Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,074   Online: 723

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorzen View Post
    Yes they do appear dark on the film, here is a closeup on the scratch:
    That has to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen. One line has 'outriders', but the other one doesn't.

It certainly can't hurt to send it to Kodak, if only to see if they have any clues. Certainly, if it was a widespread problem, the will surely have heard about it by now.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE said, "Well guys, in general, a DARK line on film is not a scratch, it is something else, usually a pressure line or a chemical mark. A LIGHT line is a scratch!

That reminded me, when I bought a used Bronica ETR back ( BTW in MINT cond.) it did this . I was a pressure mark from one of the small rollers in the insert. There was a TINY rough spot and it would leave a black line running the length of the film. Some very fine sandpaper did the trick and now all is well. This back came form a very reputable dealer; many strange things can happen.

This may be your problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin