Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,281   Online: 761

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just called B&H to order some 120 TMY-2. I told the salesman that there were people online saying they had gotten the new TMY-2 from B&H. He said that if they had, then all the TMY B&H shipped out would be the new TMY from now on. I told him it doesn't say that on the web site, and he said that it wouldn't but that if someone had received TMY-2 then everyone would receive TMY-2 if they ordered TMY. I told him that didn't convince me so I would only order 10 rolls.

We will see in 4 days what comes
    Dennis

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    I just called B&H to order some 120 TMY-2. I told the salesman that there were people online saying they had gotten the new TMY-2 from B&H. He said that if they had, then all the TMY B&H shipped out would be the new TMY from now on. I told him it doesn't say that on the web site, and he said that it wouldn't but that if someone had received TMY-2 then everyone would receive TMY-2 if they ordered TMY. I told him that didn't convince me so I would only order 10 rolls.

We will see in 4 days what comes
    Dennis
    The good news is that the old emulsion isn't a pig's ear!!...EC

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What am I to take from this? Two years ago, Kodak said they would be 100% digital about five years from now. Why the corporate change of heart? I'm thrilled, though pensive. Has anyone heard anything new about the direction Kodak and others are taking in regards to film? Thank you.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well, my TMY arrived from B+H and it sure looks like the old stuff.....bummer. Ordered it last week, 11/28 or 11/29. So, I guess the old stock has not cleared out yet.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    Well, my TMY arrived from B+H and it sure looks like the old stuff.....bummer. Ordered it last week, 11/28 or 11/29. So, I guess the old stock has not cleared out yet.
    Yep... Same here. I also keep getting the old stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j4425 View Post
    Yep... Same here. I also keep getting the old stuff.
    B&H is full of it! If it was the new stuff, it would say it was the new stuff on the site and NEW! would be plastered all over the product description. Not to mention a price increase, right? Not too many new films have come out lately that were as cheap as the "old" versions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Folks...

Availability of the new film is on a stock replenishment basis, according to Kodak.

That's distributor stock - not retailer stock.

Unless the distributor from which the retailer orders hasn't had to replenish its stock yet, the retailer will continue to receive the older film.

I called Freestyle yesterday because seeing that they were out of 35mm TMY, I figure they might be getting the new TMY-2 when TM is agian available in mid-december. They aren't....
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    B&H is full of it! If it was the new stuff, it would say it was the new stuff on the site and NEW! would be plastered all over the product description. Not to mention a price increase, right? Not too many new films have come out lately that were as cheap as the "old" versions.
    Not true.

B&H's traditional graphics for Tri-X in 35mm were ridiculously dated until a couple of years ago. They also used to show the old "Blue and White" Oriental Seagull VC FB boxes long after the stock had transitioned to the "Black and White" boxes.
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ok I just recieved my small shipment of old TMY120 as well. I would be interested in hearing how Tom Hoskinson was able to get the new stuff.
    Dennis

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately Kodak elected to retain the same product codes and package bar codes so to our computers the new and old look identical. We know they are not and are understand the inconvenience this represents to our customers. We are working to repair this and appreciate your patience.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin