Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,346   Online: 823

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may want the PDF file of this. It has more information plus testing data.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    Unfortunately Kodak elected to retain the same product codes and package bar codes so to our computers the new and old look identical. We know they are not and are understand the inconvenience this represents to our customers. We are working to repair this and appreciate your patience.
    Sounds good to me. You don't see too many big companies replying to niche forum threads...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

TMY sheetfilm

so does anyone have the info as to whether the sheetfilm has the uv coating or not??
    Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    so does anyone have the info as to whether the sheetfilm has the uv coating or not??
    Peter

Peter,

The sheet film definitely does not have a UV coating. I was told that it did not, and have confirmed that it does not in my own testing.

There is a UV coating on the 35mm and 120 size.

Sandy

Sandy is doing an evaluation of the new version for View Camera that will be up in the Subscriber's Section of the web site in a couple of weeks. We will also publish his article in our March/April 08 issue.

steve simmons
    www.viewcamera.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

new TMY400

so let me ask this question-will the new tmy in 120 print through with an azo type paper?? I sometimes make 6x7 contacts on older azo. anyone know if it will???
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am a bit frustrated with the delay resulting from the stock replenishment strategy, but the new stuff, as tested in 35mm, is so good I will wait. And the sheet film formulation will be added to my arsenal, no questions asked. This is the best E-K analog product introduction in a long, long time.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    so let me ask this question-will the new tmy in 120 print through with an azo type paper?? I sometimes make 6x7 contacts on older azo. anyone know if it will???
    Best, Peter

Peter,

TMY-2 should print fine with AZO. AZO is sensitive to both Blue and UV light so the UV coating of the 120 film should not interfere with printing AZO. A couple of years ago I tested Tmax-100, which has a UV coating, with AZO, and it printed fine.

Sandy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    Unfortunately Kodak elected to retain the same product codes and package bar codes so to our computers the new and old look identical.
    Hey, thanks, Henry! It's nice to know B&H is on top of this issue. Thanks for paying attention to the analogue photo community! ^_^

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

thanks

Sandy-thanks for the info!!
    Peter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin