Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,349   Online: 775

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jorge @ May 4 2003, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> There is a guy who does enlargements from ULF negatives, but he only uses RC pearl b&amp;w paper (seems like a silly choice to me to choose this paper) so, if you are willing to deal with some very demanding people, making huge enlargements from 8x10 and bigger negatives would also be another nieche are you might want to explore. I would really want to have a 3 feet by 6 feet enlargement of some of my 12x20 negatives. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Hey jorge, I can manage an enlargement that size.

As I was thinking about my earlier posts, I realized that I forgot to mention that the same techiniques can be used to create a very nice paper negative and I do use the satin finish paper for that. When I am reprinting the large aerial b&w (so far) mosaics, I find that the paper neg is easier to store, provides is own diffusion filter and stores with less concern for damage. I use them for contact printing only.

My negative capabilities are. . .printing negatives up to 24 x 36, and able to enlarge from negatives 35mm to 12&#39;&#39;x18" negatives. Is that big enough. However with the paper neg concept, I can make an enlarged negatives from slides or film using the enlarger. Actually I suppose I can even get continuous tone b&w negative film up to 42" wide as well so I am not be limited to paper negs when over sized.

Sorry now my lingo ignorance kicks in, what is ULF?
    Embrace **it! **it. . .just another name for fertilizer. . . Grow baby Grow!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Jill,
    Did you get my post on Caprock screens? You will need to contact them soon as they are trying to discontinue all their screens. From the email I got urgensie is most important.

Here is the guy that contacted me yesterday.

George Johnson
    E-mail Address(es):
    george@gwjco.com

good luck as not everything is still available.

lee&#092;c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jill,
    In response to your question on ULF, this is ultra large format. Usually large formats in photography are divided into "large" and "ultra large" . Large format would describe a film format beginning at 4X5 inches and include 5X7 and 8X10 inch negatives. Ultra large format begins with 11X14 inch and includes 7X17, 8X20, 12X20, 16X20 and 20X24 inch film negative size. My earlier post about enlarging negatives is addressing the fact that many photographers use one of the smaller "large format" cameras. Because pt-pd, carbon, and other alternative processes are contact printing process the size of the print is limited by the camera negative. Thus if one is able to enlarge the negative to a larger size from a smaller camera negative, a larger contact print is then possible. This process of enlarging negatives is being done by several people. However, indications that I have are that there exists a need for a source to output these enlarged negatives. If you have the time and the inclination it may be a source of income for you. Good luck to you.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    The other way around Lee, it is Melody Bostick and Richard Sullivan.
    Although using ortho film to produce continous tone enlarge negatives is not that hard, I am totally ignorant about the use of half tone screens etc. But I have seen the cameras that do this and it seems like a good idea, of course the screen would have to have a very small dot pattern for the negatives to be useful to alt printers.

Jill, what would be your prices for enlargement and what kind of paper would you use?

Okay, I&#39;ll try to answer all at once here. Mr. Milikan, Thank you I guess ultra large format does make sense. My point is that except for the education I will need for "film analysis," which no one has suggested before, I already do this proceedure. Since I have return business I am hoping that my lack of specific analytical expertise hasn&#39;t harmed me yet. But you are wise in suggesting and I will do that ASAP.

The diapositive film cat for Kodak seems to be

Kodagraph Continuous Tone Mapping Film. CTMA/2490. Also comes in translucent white.
    This is for b&w.
    159 6204 for 24 x 36, hmmm, for Agfa I can get 10 x 10 and 42 x 100. Kodak has this and rolls 24, 36, and 42 inch wide with cat #&#39;s 125 7195, 174 1115, and 178 4461 respectively.

Also they have Duplicating RA film

Kodak Aerographic RA Duplicating Film 4425
    Cat #831 1557 and these are 10x10 no other size is listed.

Thank you. Lee, for the email address I will do that directly as you suggest.

Jorge, I try to keep my pricing simple for paper prints/negs, color and b&w are the same. Base price for just the usual amount of attention, dodging, burning in etc, is &#036;15 sqft for print #1, &#036;12 for multiple copies 2-4, and &#036;9 for prits 5 and over.

Thank you all for all of your attention, I am so much more relaxed now that I have some "friends" who have a clue about what interests me.

BTW, if Kodak or Agfa won&#39;t let you folks buy this stuff or the quantities are too large for your tastes, let me know, we can work out something of a group purchase for a bunch you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin