Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,973   Online: 752

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Neopan 400 in XTOL is excellent. D3200 in 120 is a godsend [developed in DDX, Celer-Mono or PCAT]-still experimenting!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    Have you tried pushing 120 Neopan 400 to 1600 Harry? I'm trying to decide on a high speed film. I was always a fan of Neopan 1600 in 35mm.
    If I run out of D3200 I push Tri-X as high as 1600 in DD-X. Not bad at all, but it has a lot more contrast than D3200. Therefore I tend to shoot Tri-X @ 1600 only on heavily overcast days, not at night. Any amount of daylight prevents the shadows from going black.

I thought about trying Neopan 1600 at 800 or 1200 to keep the contrast down. But I need to hit 1600 here in gloomy London to be able to shoot on the street at f16@1/125th. So, that would make it a day film.

I think the real speed of Neopan1600 is around 640asa. According to Ilford D3200 clocks in around 1200, as does TMY3200.

HL

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I develop D3200 @ 1600 in DD-X for 9 min. This is a minute more than Ilford advises. I found this to add a little kick to the neg, which otherwise can come out flat as a pancake. Of course this all depends on your water, agitation etc.

I use DD-X at 1:4, which along with the cost of D3200, is slowly driving me into bankruptcy. ;-)
    I would try it at 1:9, but I'm worried that I'll end up with too much grain.

I've been a DD-X man for the past 5 years or so. Use it for D3200 and Tri-X, regardless of the asa.

I'm toying with the idea of trying Xtol, again. I gave it a shot a few years ago and had some problems, but in hindsight realize that I screwed up the mixing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I personally have had a great time using XTOL with TMZ and TX. Just pour the 5 L mix into either 5 1L bottles or 10 .5 L bottles. No hassle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    See if this will open. I just now created this page showing some delta 3200 stuff I just shot and printed last weekend. note. I miss spelled my own name. Dennis

http://dennispurdy.com/delta%203200%20u%20of%20o.html
    good results!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dennis, those are really tasty shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I develop D3200 @ 1600 in DD-X for 9 min. This is a minute more than Ilford advises. I found this to add a little kick to the neg, which otherwise can come out flat as a pancake. Of course this all depends on your water, agitation etc.

I use DD-X at 1:4, which along with the cost of D3200, is slowly driving me into bankruptcy. ;-)
    I would try it at 1:9, but I'm worried that I'll end up with too much grain.

I've been a DD-X man for the past 5 years or so. Use it for D3200 and Tri-X, regardless of the asa.

I'm toying with the idea of trying Xtol, again. I gave it a shot a few years ago and had some problems, but in hindsight realize that I screwed up the mixing.
    thanks a lot Harry

Shooter
    35mm
    I shoot 35mm and while I am huge fan of Neopan 1600 I have shot my fair share of Delta3200 and agree that it is a lovely film. Grain is more of a consideration for my smaller negatives, and contrast, in addition to being a stylistic norm for the way I often like to see things, allows my larger print sizes to be percieved as sharper, especially considering that I frequently shoot handheld. All of which is to say that Neopan is more commonly used be me and my needs, but the 3200 excels at things like portraiture and medium shot candids. A wonderful film.
    What would Dziga Vertov do?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Harry,

Thanks for the nice report on DELTA 3200 : I have to say your shots look fabulous :

As I have reported before its my absolute film of choice ( at the moment ) and I love the
    grain, devved in whatever is in one of the the darkrooms when I sneak in lunchtime.

Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I have reported before its my absolute film of choice ( at the moment ) and I love the
    grain, devved in whatever is in one of the the darkrooms when I sneak in lunchtime.

Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Simon, that is a good first step. How do we get you to shoot large format only

jan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin