Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,262   Online: 765

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Actually, Velite was more of an analog to Azo than Velox. Velox was almost enlarging speed, while Velite was able to be handled in dim room lights. Velite and Azo were considered gaslight papers.

PE
    Velox came in two variations. The one the ordinary hobbiest saw was about three time the speed of Azo - a normal contact paper speed. Velox Rapid was about three times as fast as Velox and was designed for use in photofinishing machines that produced small enlargements. Velite was a very slow paper. As I recall, the recommended safelight was a 60 watt incandescent bulb at six feet. You exposed it using a photoflood lamp at close range then developed it normally. Kodak also made Athena, a warm tone contact paper, Illustrator's Azo, a slightly warmer Azo, and Resisto, a resin coated Azo. Kodak Opal, a versatile enlarging paper, was slow enough to use for contact printing with reduced illumination in the printer. Most other photo manufacturers also made contact papers, Ansco Convira and Cykon being most notable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa Lupex was their Azo work-alike.

Yes, I remember Velox Rapid. I used many rolls of that while working for a photofinisher. But shortly after I started working there, they changed names and I've been trying to remember what they called it. I realized that the changeover was so early in my 'career' that I had forgotten about the difference in name, but I've also forgotten the name of the replacement paper.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin