Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,428   Online: 1064

Shooter
    Multi Format

Beer Goggles For Variable Contrast Paper

Hi All,

I'm aware of a variable contrast print developer know as Dr. Beers VC Print Developer. It's a two solution formula that allows contrast control by varying dilution of the mixed A & B solutions. I'm sure this is fine for graded papers but I'm wondering if this developer is useful for VC papers.

Does anyone have any experience with this print developer and is it useful for variable contrast paper?
    Last edited by Snapshot; 11-30-2007 at 02:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Personally I've only ever used it on graded papers and it stretched a grade 2 to just about a grade 3 or just over and likewise compressed a grade 2 to just about a grade 1 or there abouts. I found for me this developer only really had a marked effect on the chlorobromide papers I was using at the time, ie. Agfa's Record Rapid and not such a marked effect on the colder bromide papers.

It may indeed allow some fine tuning with VC papers but as these are used with filters that can go from 00 to 5 in half grades personally I think it would be limited. If you do use it thus I would be interested in your findings.

Regards,
    Trevor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I mix some up, I'll post my findings. I have some D-72 left and I'm not sure when I'll mix up a batch. Sounds like it might provide some contrast control even for VC papers.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin