Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,952   Online: 1064

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I dunno about all the technical requirements you have, but I quite like kentmere fineprint VC. Glossy fibre, pretty neutral, white base. I haven't selenium toned it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively View Post
    I
    What I want is a glossy surface, white base, neutral (not cold) tone, variable contrast and a paper speed in the neighborhood of Forte PW (which I think is ISO 160 w/o filtration). It would be nice if it would respond to Kodak Rapid Selenium toner with the ability to control the tone desired.

Suggestions?
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the responses. I have used Oriental Warmtone but it was some time ago, I don't remember too much about how it processed but it did look pretty nice. I probably ought to give Kentmere a try since I can get it from Freestyle. I might be wrong, but was Kentmere ever the manufacturer for Cache or Luminos brand papers that used to be available in the US? I tried the warmtone papers in both those brands and really disliked them--especially the Cache.

The price of Ilford Warmtone, last time I looked, is over $100 for a box of 50 11x14 sheets from Freestyle. If it was 100 sheet boxes, I would jump on that deal!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Kentmere was indeed the manufacturer of Luminos papers. Luminos never made anything, AFAIK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin