Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,835   Online: 1047

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Calbe Lith Developer?

Shortly running out of lith developer I am scanning the market for alternative suppliers within the Scandinavian region. It appears only one single brand of lith developer is currently available on the swedish market but I have never heard of it before. Anybody familiar with Calbe Lith Developer? Any experience? Is this a true lith product with infectious charachteristics? I cannot find any info at all on the internet.

I prefer other personally experienced brands but due to dead expensive delivery costs from EU suppliers it is getting monetary painful importing darkroom chemicals to Sweden.

Thanks!
    /Per

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by laparn View Post
    Shortly running out of lith developer I am scanning the market for alternative suppliers within the Scandinavian region. It appears only one single brand of lith developer is currently available on the swedish market but I have never heard of it before. Anybody familiar with Calbe Lith Developer? Any experience? Is this a true lith product with infectious charachteristics? I cannot find any info at all on the internet.

I prefer other personally experienced brands but due to dead expensive delivery costs from EU suppliers it is getting monetary painful importing darkroom chemicals to Sweden.

Thanks!
    /Per
    Yes its a true Lith dev. I had some fun with it a couple of years ago.
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Per

I'm using Calbe lith and thinks it gives nice tones and colors, using it in dilutions between 1+19 and 1+29.
    My experience is limited to Calbe and a little Moersch Easy Lith so I can't comment on Calbe, compared to other lith developer (yet!).

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you checkout fotoimpex.de ? I don't remember their shipping costs. But I usually order a lot of stuff at the same time.
    /matti

Thanks!
    /Per

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks guys!

Found Fotoimpex somewhat complicated to consult for purchase though. Not that it is tricky but once getting used to the common easy access online shopping websites, this site appears somewhat "oldfashioned" and complicated.
    OK, I know, might appear stubborn but I prefer to "pick" and "click" and instantly recieving an automatic generated confirmation by mail. Without other lith options it appears I have to get used to...

BTW, just recieved three times 50pcs of Forte and Foma baryta papers from Silverprint, UK. Man, that´s how it should work. "Pick", "click" and online payment. Dead quick delivery in my post just three days later. Lith developer for sale? Yes, but not for abroad deliveries. :-(

However, thanks! I´ll go for Moersch stuff @ Fotoimpex. Now!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree! It is a pain to transfer money instead of using credit cards. I suppose Fotoimpex would double their sales if they just put their products in some sort of webshop system. Their deliveries are quick and painless, though.
    /matti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Aaah, you're a picky bunch of fellows, eh? I found Fotoimpex to work very well, but I then again, I don't need instant gratification. The Calbe stuff is also listed in the Photax pricelist, by the way. Good luck with the lith.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Aaah, you're a picky bunch of fellows, eh? I found Fotoimpex to work very well, but I then again, I don't need instant gratification. The Calbe stuff is also listed in the Photax pricelist, by the way. Good luck with the lith.

Yip, we are picky!

Talked to Photax and was noticed of their newly added Calbe lith developer. I have never heard about it and considering the poor reply @APUG, despite the high lith interest in general, I guess it is not a very common product (nowadays). I urged for some feedback but lacking answers I finally decided to go for Fotospeed LD20 lith developer from UK. Equal cost all in all at the low qty level I need.

Tons of pics from China ready for lith session! Kentona, Fomatone and Polywarmtone gotta´ get some... Yihaaa!

Ha det bra! Var i Göteborg förresten? Eget lab? Wanna join ours?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Let's see what you get out of the LD20 when/if you get any good results. Well, I only saw the Calbe lith in the pricelist the other day - I am not doing any lith, I've got enough things on my to-do list anyway, like twenty rolls of film just begging to be developed...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Tons of pics from China ready for lith session! Kentona, Fomatone and Polywarmtone gotta´ get some... Yihaaa!

Ha det bra! Var i Göteborg förresten? Eget lab? Wanna join ours?
    Ja, jag letar efter ett labb... vet du om något bra? Skicka ett pm eller mejl via Apug i så fall!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin