Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,442   Online: 794

Thread: Polaroid 55

Howdy Wise Ones...

I was playing around with some 55 tonight (really bored, as you see from attachment) and now I am wondering about expanding/contracting development with it. Other than the 25 seconds it takes to cook, is there anything you can do to affect it?

dgh
    David G Hall

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you haven't coated it, leave it lying about for a few weeks before you do. It gives a strange kind of split-tone fading which is at least interesting...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

David,
    if that's the pos/neg film, I understand (second hand) that's it responds well to selenium toning to boost contrast.

55 is the Pos/Neg film, and I mean how do you affect the contrast of the negative. Sel toning is a good idea. Any others?

dgh'

David G Hall

hbc

Images
    hi david look up view camera magazine they did a good article on t/p55.this was about a year ago i think the longer it develops it increases in contrast.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You do not have to use the polaroid developer. You can carefully peel the film away from the packet and develop it in a regular developer. It is a really fine grain film and works really well with D76 diluted 1:1.

Way back someone told me this is the sam emulsion and the long demised Panatomic X. Also, this method works well on old expired film especially when the polaroid gel has hardened.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Last weedend I shot tulips - 8 sheets of PN55 and saved the negs - dumped them in Sodium Sulfite bath. I then shot a bunch of FP4 - same set-up - Pyro - etc. I had heard that the PN55 was very fine grain - It was no finer than the FP4 in Pyro - Of course it is probably a bad test - I bought the film on e-bay - It is well over 15 years expired! Still - The images were good enough to deserve a fair amount of darkroom time. -Frank
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin