Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,670   Online: 758

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ORT25 was one of my favourite 'discoveries' since Pan F+, and it has the advantage of being available in 4x5 - so I might have a look into this new film.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So...
    I have contacts in Aachen and Dresden. How to I leverage this into getting 4x5 (3x4, 5x7, 120, 135) films from Adox "on the cheap"?

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My question is Adox Pan 25 the same film as Rollei Pan 25?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/store/rollei_pan25.html

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...s&fr=yfp-t-501

"Rollei PAN 25 is a new emulsion made by Filmotec (former OrWo, Wolfen in Germany)."- Fotohuis

Everything above would indicate the new Adox film is the same film as Rollei Pan 25. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it makes sense. Especially since some ADOX films are rebranded anyway.
    Last edited by braxus; 12-10-2007 at 12:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At the very least, I'd be inclined to believe that the Rollei 25 is the same as the Maco UP25, which I have shot. It's beautiful stuff. Very sharp and has one hell of a tone range. The base is clear and very thin, which makes it curl like hell. I don't have a clue what CHS stands for and I'm too busy to go trouncing around the web looking for an answer, but off-hand my hunch (for whatever stupid reason) is that it would be more likely that the Adox pan would be the same as those two, as opposed to those two being the same as CHS and the Adox Pan being something totally different. I could be totally wrong, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used Maco UP25+ and it was the same film as Efke R25 and Adox CHS 25. Maco makes films for Rollei from what I've read, all under the Rollei name. From that Rollei Pan 25 has been out for a year or so and the new ADOX Pan 25 has been announced. So the timing would seem to suggest that Adox is the same film as Rollei Pan 25, just rebranded. Look at the technical info on these two films, plus where they are made, and they all would lead one to think its the same film. I also believe Adox Ortho is also Rollei Ortho. Maco UP 25 hasn't been around for a while as far as I know. If it is still being made, the emulsion has changed as it is no longer the old Efke 25 film it used to be.
    Last edited by braxus; 12-09-2007 at 09:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well then hell if I know. I'm tired these stupid wild goose chases.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know pretty most of the companies out there including Fuji, etc. sell films under another name. Just like it was suggested Efke 400 was just the old Agfa Pan 400 which is old stock. I don't think Adox makes any of its own films, as even its true original film is actually the Efke film anyway. I would suspect if Adox claimed back its name for the Efke films, Efke's name would no longer be used- but it still is. So it is my guess Adox Pan 25 is Rollei Pan 25. Mirko correct me if I'm incorrect.

The market is just too small for these emulsions to simply be the one company's own product and not the same film as the other suggested rebranded product. Putting it under different names would spread the market out, since its likely someone would recognize the Adox brand even if they never heard of Rollei films.
    Last edited by braxus; 12-10-2007 at 12:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    I have seen on the deutch adow website, the existency of a film, called adox pan 25. What is this film? Repacked rollei pan 25? Efke 25? New film?
    Adox Pan 25 is identical to Rollei Pan 25, same film, only other label. It is an improved Orwo NP 15 emulsion (finer grain), but on PET base.
    This film was made by Filmotec (only emulsioning afaik).

Best regards,
    Jana
    Last edited by JanaM; 12-10-2007 at 11:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Jana. I figured it was the same film as the Rollei. Well at least we have two options for this emulsion now. I wonder how competative Rollei will be with Adox in terms of pricing? Freestyle only sells the Rollei version, but it may not be long before the Adox one appears too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin