Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,878   Online: 960

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Adox PAn 25, what is this film?

I have seen on the deutch adow website, the existency of a film, called adox pan 25. What is this film? Repacked rollei pan 25? Efke 25? New film?
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C'est l'efke 25
    G.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I don't think so. Efke 25 is Adox CHS 25. Adox pan 25 is another one, and "made in Germany" is written on the cartridge... Mirko???

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I dislike this confusion and fog-of-war - why can't things be "old Agfa stock" and "Efke" or whatever it is? Looks like the Adox Pan 25 is some kind of APX25 with a new name. Can't help but smile at the description of the Adox CHS, though:
    "ADOX CHS films are still made according to the recipes from the 1950s and are coated slowly on a historic dip and dunk machine. This gives them their special character which cannot be achieved by fast modern spray-coating machines and also enables us to produce micro lots of only 10 000 films at a time.
    This way we can keep exotic films like CHS 25 and CHS 50 in constant and fresh production."

I wonder if Kodak could sell more films with that kind of nostalgia blurb?
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    I asked the same question a while ago here but didn't get a final answer.
    The best suggestion so far is, that it is Rollei Pan 25 (manufactured by Filmotec).
    Maybe Mirko can give a hint here?
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format

ADOX Slow speed film portfolio

ADOX is currently selling five different kinds of slow speed 35mm films.

CHS 25 which is the true ADOX (KB 14) emulsion from the 1950ies.
    This film is coated on a triacetate base and shows the unique charakteristics of a 1950ies film.
    If you are in doubt about this, Jerevan, try a roll and you will see that the greyscales and spectral response are completely different from a modern film.
    The film is neither cheap nor easy to handle yet very succesfull on the market due to its unique look.
    There is no special developer necesary for this product.

CHS 50. Another true ADOX formulation (ADOX KB 17) from the 50ies.
    Very much like CHS 25 in spectral response yet much easier to handle because it has a wider latitude.

CMS 20. Our highest resolution product. This film resolves up to 800 l/mm and makes grain free enlargements from a 35mm negative up to 1 Meter x 1,5 Meters possible. It needs to be developed in a special developer (ADOTECH).

ORT 25. A very new film emulsion developed in 2003. Better mechanical properties (surface hardening) than the historic CHS series and coated onto a clear PET base for reversal processing. Very high resolution of up to 300 l / mm and a very modern anti-halation layer between the emulsion and the base.
    This film can be reversal processed. For regular development (negative) it needs a soft working developer or at least a developer with good equalizing capacity.
    This film´s individual components are produced in three different factories to make this possible. It was quite a logistical challenge to bring it to the market.

NEW PAN 25. Very much like ORT 25 but with a panchromatic emulsion. It has the same clear base and AHU (antihalo under the emulsion) and also needs to be made step by step in three different locations until we can sell it.
    This film can be reversal processed (unlike the clasic CHS series).
    For regular development (negative) it does not need a special developer.

None of these currently offered films is based on APX technology.

I hope this answers all questions regarding the properties of our slow speed films and explains why we have so many different ones.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    But there is a very big problem: your products are not very well distributed for example here in France...

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    But there is a very big problem: your products are not very well distributed for example here in France...
    Doesn't the post from Germany arrive

Fotoimpex can deliver anywhere in the EU, its a free market. I use Fotoimpex when I'm in the UK and delivery is very fast and their package & postage/shipping charges are very reasonable.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've used Fotoimpex from New York, and the film has always gotten here.

I'll be in Berlin in March, so maybe I'll pay a visit.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Mirko, how does the Adox Pan 25 compare to the other current 25ASA Films (and films like ACROS, Delta 100, TMAX100) in terms of sharpness and grain?
    Which developers do you recommend?
    Any example pictures on the net?

Thanks &
    Regards,
    Andreas

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin