Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,605   Online: 806

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rollei Retro 400 & ID-11

I'm just running a test roll of Rollei Retro 400 through the camera and I've done a whole series of over- & under-exposed shots, with and without filters. I'm going to start with a base development time of 6 minutes in ID-11 stock 1:1 (using a Duolab rotary processor).

I'll post the results that I get from this first test, but has anyone any experience of developing this film - either in ID-11, or other developers. What has your experience been?

Cheers,
    David.
    ---------------
    http://www.davidvickers.co.uk

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You do know that Rollei Retro 400 is actually Agfa APX-400, from the last master rolls made at Agfa Germany before they closed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Phototone - yes I did know that, but that's not going to stop me from doing the test anyway :-) I've got several rolls of it and I'd like to make the most of it!

Cheers,
    David.
    ---------------
    http://www.davidvickers.co.uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa APX 400 is wonderful film. I've used it with Rodinal, Sprint, Pyrocat, and Xtol. Wonderful tonality, not the finest grained of the 400-films out there, but I don't really care. How to develop it? Test it, it's the only way to know. I would start with Ilford's recommendations for APX 400 as Agfa's own times are rumored to be too long. I just soaked the rolls I had according to how I normally develop my stock film, Tri-X, and made the necessary adjustments after one test roll.
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've tried Retro 400 in HC-110 and in Rollei RHS. I found the RHS-developed negatives a little thin at the published times, but even then they held good detail. I agree with Thomas, test and keep notes. Your Duolab greatly reduces the variables in your process, so it should give you very consistent results. Post something when you have some results.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here the latest Rollei developing table (incl. the new Rollei ATP-V1.1 Technical Pan film).

APX400 (new)/Rollei Retro 400 in AM74/R.H.S. must be done on an E.I. of 320 to get the exact right density and especially the nice shadow detail.
    AM74/RHS is a product of Amaloco Photochemicals, the Netherlands.

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...ei%20films.pdf

best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    10 minutes in PC-TEA 1+50 gives really nice results, shot at box speed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin