Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,232   Online: 1015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Tom,
    I dilute Dektol all over the place. (1:1, 1:2, 1:3 and 1:4) It really depends on the contrast of the neg. Here in the last several years I get a friend to make up a print developer that is very much akin to Defender 55. I like it a lot. If you don't get the blue then I would agree that the two (z6 and Dektol) are not the same. That is what you get when you repete the rumors. I use Dektol because it is easy to get and I don't have to think about it. Here in the fly-over area of the US, most of the stuff has to be mailed in if you want anything exotic. I don't regard z6 developer as exotic but the fellow that owns the camera shop does. Sodium Sulfite is about all I can buy off the shelves. Hear that Coolpix 6? That ought to get me a ration of shit when I next go in there. But there is probably not 5 people here in the MetroMess that would mix their own chemistry. But I am rambling. Thanks for the info.

lee\c

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lee @ Apr 19 2003, 01:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> But there is probably not 5 people here in the MetroMess that would mix their own chemistry. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Maybe not but I bet a lot of other people use the exact same chemicals for things other then photographic uses. You just need to figure it out. All the photographic labelling does is increase the price they can charge the customers.

Shooter
    Large Format
    As I recall, Picker said that Zone VI developer was like Dektol but that it didn&#39;t "dump" the low values in the way that Dektol did. I have to believe that there was a proprietary formula involved. I posted several months ago asking for information on the formulation but came up with nadda. I like the Zone VI developer for conventional enlarging, as well. If I were to try to come up with a formulation, I believe that I would check the Darkroom Cookbook. Perhaps Ed Buffaloe would have some knowledge of the formulation.

Lacking that perhaps we could invite Fred to a seance. Heck he wouldn&#39;t mind letting us in on his secret now...
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    As I recall, Picker said that Zone VI developer was like Dektol but that it didn&#39;t "dump" the low values in the way that Dektol did. I have to believe that there was a proprietary formula involved. I posted several months ago asking for information on the formulation but came up with nadda. I like the Zone VI developer for conventional enlarging, as well. If I were to try to come up with a formulation, I believe that I would check the Darkroom Cookbook. Perhaps Ed Buffaloe would have some knowledge of the formulation.

Lacking that perhaps we could invite Fred to a seance. Heck he wouldn&#39;t mind letting us in on his secret now...
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin