Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,214   Online: 1055
      
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    Steve S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    79
    Similar experience here. My order was placed on 4th Nov. I have sent emails and tried phoning to no avail. I would have thought the easiest way to address the concerns raised would have been to regularly update their homepage. The current entry gives no indication as to dates.

  2. #12
    digiconvert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cannock UK
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    809
    Images
    51
    Thanhs to those who have replied. The website had said that they would be able to take calls as of yesterday but I guess they are still having problems with BT. Knowing the problem makes me feel much happier and understanding.

    The thought of not being able to get Adox/Efke 25 is just not a happy one :-)
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

  3. #13
    GeoffHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, England
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    298
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by digiconvert View Post
    The thought of not being able to get Adox/Efke 25 is just not a happy one :-)
    Have you tried silverprint?

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Posts
    1,028
    I emailed them over two weeks ago and no reaponse. Telephone is not answered and that message has been on their website for weeks. Infact just when did they "Move" because it only takes a day to do the actual move. What did they do, move to a building plot and are building the house while living in a tent?

    Shutting down your business for weeks without notifying or informing your customers when you will be trading again is not a smart business move. I've already gone elsewhere because I would like a reliable supplier.
    Last edited by rob champagne; 12-11-2007 at 12:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    328
    I agree with Rob, that this seems like very poor planning on their part. I would like to "assume" that the problems are beyond their control, and they will be back in business and up and running asap. This seems like a very good way to shoot your business in the foot, so to speak. This could kill the business off, as it drives customers to other outlets, and they may never come back. Too few analog photo businesses as it is, I'm a thinkin'.

    Just my 2 cents, before taxes...

    Paul

  6. #16

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Daventry, Northamptonshire, England
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by catem View Post
    I ordered some Ilford Cooltone some weeks back and after an inital acceptance of the order heard nothing - tried phoning and didn't get through so emailed. It did take a few days for a response, but I did get a reply, not only that had an email conversation and decided to cancel the rest of my order for now as the Cooltone is no longer available - made it not worth it with the postage( doesn't seem to be available anywhere now despite still appearing on some websites ) Can't really complain about the service in my case. I would have like to have known about the unavailability of Cooltone earlier, but then again I could have chased it up a bit earlier too...
    Cate I have a terrible feeling you will say you have tried here as well but I think I recall Secondhand Darkroom Supplies still having Cooltone on its site. Might be worth a look and if I am right then a phonecall. I think MORCO has it on its site as well and again a call might be better than assuming it's still in stock just because its shown.

    Good luck

    pentaxuser

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Cate I have a terrible feeling you will say you have tried here as well but I think I recall Secondhand Darkroom Supplies still having Cooltone on its site. Might be worth a look and if I am right then a phonecall. I think MORCO has it on its site as well and again a call might be better than assuming it's still in stock just because its shown.

    Good luck

    pentaxuser
    Thanks pentaxuser, Secondhand Darkroom Supplies is somewhere I hadn't tried (Morco no longer has it) - just phoned up and guess what, they had one last one left - now on it's way to me. (Now I'm cross about retro sitting on the order, as I could possibly have got more).

    On a sideline I've never used Secondhand D S before but it looks good value and next day delivery (had to spend more to make the order worthwhile!)

    Hmm

  8. #18
    digiconvert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cannock UK
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    809
    Images
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by catem View Post
    Thanks pentaxuser, Secondhand Darkroom Supplies is somewhere I hadn't tried (Morco no longer has it) - just phoned up and guess what, they had one last one left - now on it's way to me. (Now I'm cross about retro sitting on the order, as I could possibly have got more).

    On a sideline I've never used Secondhand D S before but it looks good value and next day delivery (had to spend more to make the order worthwhile!)

    Hmm
    SDS are a company I rate highly. Prices are good and the owner is really helpful and informative if you ring. Clever delivery pricing always makes me think I may as well order a bit more .... miffed you got the last cooltone though I was just thinking I needed some more . Ho hum
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by digiconvert View Post
    SDS are a company I rate highly. Prices are good and the owner is really helpful and informative if you ring. Clever delivery pricing always makes me think I may as well order a bit more .... miffed you got the last cooltone though I was just thinking I needed some more . Ho hum
    I've been beating a path to Silverprint for so long, I don't tend to go elsewhere, apart from firstcall - & obviously retro recently - but for Ilford products Second hand darkroom S does look good. Sorry about the Cooltone, but I was a bit tardy and disorganised myself in my supposed 'stockpiling' - I should have known to have ordered immediately I knew about it's demise, when there was still plenty about. Never mind, I never get disheartened for long over products going - with hope, there's always some alternative!

  10. #20
    Ian Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West Midlands, UK, and Turkey
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,169
    Images
    148
    EU rules mean that you can buy direct from Fotoimpex in Germany if you want to rather than use Retro. It's a free market which means they can't discriminate because of your location, if that happens to be in the UK.

    Ian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin