Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,870   Posts: 1,583,320   Online: 1137

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Another one for the list is Nova, have had exelent service and prices from them. Last used them last week, had to phone them as I could not get the email order thing to work, probably my fault as computors are not my thing. If you phone an order it helps Sue if you have the stock No from the web site but in fairness she had the goods to me double quick without them. I paid £5.95 postage on 2 boxes of paper but belive I could of got a lot more deliverd for the same price.
    I went to Nova because I couldnot contact Retro.

Regards Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My big bugbear is THEY HAVE HAD MY MONEY but I have no goods. If anyone from retro (RH Des know anyone ?) is active on the board a simple message to the forum could save a lot of lost custom
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have just had an email from Nigel this evening and the orders are gong/have gone out - including mine. Don't worry, the chap is good. Always a pain when you move.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp View Post
    I have just had an email from Nigel this evening and the orders are gong/have gone out - including mine. Don't worry, the chap is good. Always a pain when you move.
    I've dealt with Nigel before (they do seem to screw up occasionally ) and have every faith in them as individuals but a move that goes wrong can kill a company . Retro are pretty adventurous with their range and it would be a pity to see them go . Plus the order contains instamatic films for my mom
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by catem View Post
    Thanks pentaxuser, Secondhand Darkroom Supplies is somewhere I hadn't tried (Morco no longer has it) - just phoned up and guess what, they had one last one left - now on it's way to me. (Now I'm cross about retro sitting on the order, as I could possibly have got more).

On a sideline I've never used Secondhand D S before but it looks good value and next day delivery (had to spend more to make the order worthwhile!)

Hmm
    Glad you got one. Just as a matter of interest how did you get anyone on the phone in the evening? I had no idea there was a phone service beyond office hours. I was expecting that you'd have to wait until tomorrow morning.

They do have keen prices and I too found the person on the end of the phone( owner?) to be helpful. SDS have recently expanded on its chemical stock and deserve support for this.

In terms of postage cost to benefit however Nova take a bit of beating. It has a one charge fits all policy or it did the last time I used it. If you were getting large stocks of paper and chems and even the odd enlarger it would be amazing value

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Just as a matter of interest how did you get anyone on the phone in the evening? I had no idea there was a phone service beyond office hours. I was expecting that you'd have to wait until tomorrow morning.
    I phoned on the off-chance at shortly after 6pm and the phone was answered - (and someone was still there when I phoned back 20 mins later), but did not have access to full details of availability - & couldn't remember if it was one bottle left or two....so I might even be lucky and receive two....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, my order arrived today - as Nigel said it would. And mine has o come by unreliable ferry too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My order has arrived today. All as ordered. Thanks...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Package arrived his morning from Retrophotographics - four days order to delivery - not bad gven that they moved and Parcel Force must be up to their eyes with Christmas stuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin