Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,965   Online: 833

Shooter
    35mm RF

HP5 in Pyrocat HD at 320

I love the combo of HP5 in Pyrocat HD, I usually expose at 200 however I have a roll of 120 that I exposed at 320. Suggestions? Will it work or should I break out the HC110?

Thanks,
    John

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would say go for it with Pyrocat HD 320 is not too much underexposure. Remember exposure controls the shadows and development controls the highlights. I believe the difference between ei 200 and ei 320 is about a 1/2 stop.

lee\c

You're 2/3 stop under. HC-110 would not be your best choice unless you've used it diluted as a compensating developer. You might try the Pyrocat HD as a stand or semi-stand developer (lots of threads on that in this section of the forum,) to try to bolster the shadows a bit and control the highlights. X-tol 1:1 or 1:2 might boost your film speed a bit, as would TFX-2 with reduced agitation. If you have any experience with Diafine, it might help as well.

Your results also depend on the lighting situation. If it was really contrasty, you're probably not going to get good shadow detail. If it was pretty soft lighting, you might pull it out.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The lighting was fairly soft. I'm down to the last of my XTOL bottle and I'm not sure if it's still good, but I'll probably just test that and use it if it's good. What's a good starting point for a semi-stand development with Pyrocat HD?

Thanks,
    John

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I guess nobody knows a good starting point for semi-stand with pyrocat HD and HP5 at 320. I guess it's off to the xtol. Thanks,

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Since my normal EI for sheet film HP5+ in Pyrocat HD is 400, I would stick with the PCat rather than trying unfamiliar developers.
    Jim
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What's your time for 400 Jim? Thanks,

John

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My semi stand/minimal agitation with HP5 at 320 is 18 minutes. Pyrocat MC 1+1+100 20C One minute initial agitation and then 10sec. spread evenly 3 times in the reamining time.

jan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mexipike View Post
    What's your time for 400 Jim? Thanks,

John
    For silver gelatin 1:2:100 - 72 degrees - 10 minutes
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank Jim and Jan, I'll give one of those a try.. I can't imagine the times would change much from MC to HD.

Thanks,
    John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin