Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,517   Online: 1046

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, if you can convince someone to ship it, I'll take a bottle, and be happy to split the shipping.

Actually, I just bought a whack of expired film from a guy that arrived last night, which included some APX400, which I've never played with - supposed to be a good combo with Rodinal.

Didn't know about Photographer's Formulary and their Rodinal - good to know. Also, The Frugal Photographer out of Calgary used to repackage genuine liquid Rodinal into IV-like bags that looked handy - but I asked him about it recently as it's no longer on the site, and was told it actually wasn't very popular so he stopped doing it.

So, yes, for me, go ahead - PM me if/when it comes in (Sorry, I'm still a little pessimistic that it will actually get shipped and arrive properly, but I'm in favour of giving it a shot.)
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Order placed. Stopwatch started.
    If only we could pull out our brains and use only our eyes. P. Picasso

http://www.timbowlesphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo10ca View Post
    Order placed. Stopwatch started.
    Just to clarify ... did you order it from Henry's? Since there seem to be more than one firm selling Rodinal, did you get the brand/source?

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've always wondered about Pyrocat - why one would use that and not another developer...more education needed to figure that one out.

Thanks, but I'm not interested in HC110 - although it's been many years, I wasn't liking what it did with my B&W film. I think if I'm going to go with familiar ones, I'll stick with D76 and maybe try my hand at new ones like Rodinal or Pyro to see what they can do for me.

When I come in to the big city, it's Fri-Sun so the timing sounds right for me.

Also, an email from Technicare says Polaroid 55 is $90/box, special ordered...approx. 3 weeks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you need to learn how to make the acetominophen version of Rodinal. I hear it works just like the Agfa Rodinal, best thing is it can be made from local supplies. A search of the forums should turn up the recipe.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    Sounds like you need to learn how to make the acetominophen version of Rodinal. I hear it works just like the Agfa Rodinal, best thing is it can be made from local supplies. A search of the forums should turn up the recipe.
    The homemade version does work just fine. I have made it and can find no difference (search for Parodinal on APUG etc.). However, Rodinal is handy because it is so easy to use, relatively inexpensive, works quite well for many applications, has a shelf life of forever sealed and only slightly less opened, and is reliable batch to batch (like HC-110). I use it for convenience when another developer would probably be the better, but I don't need the "best" for the project at hand. I am often interrupted for weeks while other soups would be going off on the shelf. I hate dumping C-41 and E-6 chemicals, which has happened to me all too often. Besides, NaOH from chemical suppliers is just as hard to ship, and lye is disappearing from the shelves in many places. Rodinal for $15.00 to $18.00 for 500ml. is good value. I suspect it will be available at about that price in a while (just guessing).

I am amazed at the rather inconsistent rules for shipping hazardous chemicals. I have been mailed items that I wouldn't paint on the skin of a rat, but see leaking chemicals on supermarket shelves at child's-eye-view (and touch).

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post

Thanks, but I'm not interested in HC110...
    ?? We're talking about ordering Rodinal - we can already get HC-110 at Photo Central

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toadhall View Post
    Just to clarify ... did you order it from Henry's? Since there seem to be more than one firm selling Rodinal, did you get the brand/source?

John
    Yeah- got it from Henry's. Listed as AGFA Rodinal 500ml $15.99
    If only we could pull out our brains and use only our eyes. P. Picasso

http://www.timbowlesphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rodinal in Canada!

Check with the general distributor of AGFA chemistry: www.mahn.net

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo10ca View Post
    Yeah- got it from Henry's. Listed as AGFA Rodinal 500ml $15.99
    Ah - I thought you were going to try from a US retailer. Now I'm slightly less pessimistic (although Henry's service hasn't thrilled me - I asked a couple of questions via their "contact us" page and never heard back)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin