Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,975   Online: 1123

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rodinol in Canada

Does anybody have a current supplier in Canada they would recommend?

Tim
    If only we could pull out our brains and use only our eyes. P. Picasso

http://www.timbowlesphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought some not too long ago from Downtown Camera in Toronto. Shopping in Ottawa is a waste of time.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    I bought some not too long ago from Downtown Camera in Toronto. Shopping in Ottawa is a waste of time.
    Too bad- don't see any darkroom equipment or chemicals on their website. Thanks though.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Photo Central in Winnipeg used to have it and at the best price in North America, when some people were paying $80.00 @ bottle on eBay. I haven't been there since June, so maybe it is no longer available. I would be pleased to find out. I always got good service from them.

http://www.photocentral.ca/contact/map.htm

I see that their web site is pretty much digi##l. Pity.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Former Winnipegger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CRhymer View Post
    Photo Central in Winnipeg used to have it and at the best price in North America, when some people were paying $80.00 @ bottle on eBay. I haven't been there since June, so maybe it is no longer available. I would be pleased to find out. I always got good service from them.

http://www.photocentral.ca/contact/map.htm

I see that their web site is pretty much digi##l. Pity.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Former Winnipegger.
    Yes- they're great. That's where I do all my business. They've been out of Rodinal for a while. When I spoke to them the other day, they said they have a line on a supplier and hope to start bringing it in early in the new year. I was just wondering if I might find it elsewhere in the meantime.

Their site is heavily digital, but they still have a large selection of film and darkroom materials.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was at Downtown camera last week and they had boatloads of Rodinal.

I think it was somewhere aroung 19.00 per bottle.

Give 'em a call (416) 363-1749
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Not on Website, but store has stock!

Quote Originally Posted by timbo10ca View Post
    Too bad- don't see any darkroom equipment or chemicals on their website. Thanks though.
    They have a very fine selection of papers as well. Just not listed on their website.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Timbo, check out Technicare, on Adelaide.

That's where Photo Central told me to go to look for Polaroid Type 55...I've never been there, but apparently they're a wholesaler/warehouse type of deal...they seemed worried enough about the competition to make me promise to come back to them!

Worth a look...I'll be coming in to Wpg. in a week or so, we should meet up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Good to hear Photo Central has found a supplier - I enquired with A&O in Germany a number of months ago now, and was told they didn't have a Canadian supplier set up as yet - hopefully that's been rectified

I like Photo Central as well - unlike Don's they still have a majority of staff who don't look at you funny when you talk about film. I was just in there yesterday, and I see a fresh stock of Kodak and Ilford b&w film, at least in 35mm behind the counter. Always encouraging

Someone told me about Technicare a few weeks ago as well - their website lists Polaroid film, but when I called they were out of stock (of the 66x series pack film - I don't have a 4x5 camera as yet). Unfortunately in that at least they're only a couple of $$ cheaper than Don's, and with much less convenient hours for me. However, the guy who referred me to them said he picked up basically an entire low-end darkroom outfit including, I believe, a cheap and/or used enlarger for a couple of hundred $$. I also think their deal is more wholesale, especially given their "regular" business hours, they just happen to sell to the public if they ask (they don't seem to advertise much to the public, if any). If I get a day off at some point I do want to take a walk through their facility just to see what they've got.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It sounds like a great place...I'll try let you both know when I can come into the city again, we can make a field trip of it!

What are Technicare's hours, BTW? A phone number would help also, especially for us out-of-towners.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin