Rollei Technical Pan
Has anyone used the new Rollei Technical Pan film? Can it reach the same ridiculously high contrast levels, and is it as painfully sharp as its predecessor? Can it be processed in D-76? Dektol? I still have a bulk roll of Kodak TP but am excited about the new German version. Also, any idea when it will makes its way to the US?
Is this some new Fotokemika or Orwo or whatever film?
Is is made in 120 or just 35mm?
It is supposed to be available in 120 and 35... made by Rollei...who also make Maco products
I was under the impression that it was FK that originally made Maco, which was picked up and rebranded as Rollei. Oh god, here we go again.
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
Well...Rollei is from Germany...thats about as much as I know...here is a link about the film i just found... warning! Is a PDF file and will quickly download...but it is interesting nonetheless
here the facts from Germany:
1. This new Technical Pan film is made by Agfa-Gevaert for Maco and for Gigabitfilm. Maco is selling it as Rollei ATP 1.1 and Gigabitfilm is selling it as Gigabitfilm GTP with Gigabitfilm developer.
2. Maco is the company behind the Rollei film programme. Maco has made a contract with Rollei for using the Rollei brand for their new film programme. This agreement started in 2004 afaik.
Has anyone actually used this stuff??? I was hoping the thread would be about the film itself, not about the company that makes it.
Has anybody gotten any REAL results any from this film..Please see original post
ROLLEI ATP 1.1
1. Samples for the quality at: http://www.technical-pan.com/html/sa.../dd01d_fr.html exposed with 12 and/or 15 ISO. Developed in ROLLEI RLC, 1+4, 6 min., rythm 3 sec. with dest. water. Comment: I think, the quality of the crops of the skin lines of the thumb, telling very much over the quality of this film che,istry/combunation.
Originally Posted by PhilipRingler
2. Availability in the USA: The importer FREESTYLE got an original allocation of films.
3. Dr5 made his own exoeriences with own chemistry.
4. At the beginning of 2008 took place the world-wide introduction on the market, films & chemistry available as trial test sets. ROLLEI RLC developer for 12/15 ISO. ROLLEI ATPPP DC developer for up to 40 ISO.
5. ROLLEI would like with the ATP 1.1 film a respectable successor of the KODAK TP2415. This film is developed in co-operation with the AGFA GEVAERT in Belgium.
6. The production of sheet films is not possible.
7. The production of roll film 120 takes place reliable. Latest presentation takes place in September 2008 in Cologne/Germany to the Photokina, starting at 09/23/2008.
8. 35mm bulk film is already available with 30.5 meters, and cartridges 135-36 in Europe. High class polyester film base with 100 micron. Extended spectral sensitivity range till 750 Nanometers. Secured supply from regualr large-scale production with the AGFA company in Belgium/Europe, also for the moment with 15,000 co-workers.