Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,553   Online: 788

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Rollei Technical Pan

Has anyone used the new Rollei Technical Pan film? Can it reach the same ridiculously high contrast levels, and is it as painfully sharp as its predecessor? Can it be processed in D-76? Dektol? I still have a bulk roll of Kodak TP but am excited about the new German version. Also, any idea when it will makes its way to the US?
    _philip

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this some new Fotokemika or Orwo or whatever film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is is made in 120 or just 35mm?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It is supposed to be available in 120 and 35... made by Rollei...who also make Maco products

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was under the impression that it was FK that originally made Maco, which was picked up and rebranded as Rollei. Oh god, here we go again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well...Rollei is from Germany...thats about as much as I know...here is a link about the film i just found... warning! Is a PDF file and will quickly download...but it is interesting nonetheless
    www.mahn.net/DL_MAHN/ATP_V1_e.pdf

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

here the facts from Germany:

1. This new Technical Pan film is made by Agfa-Gevaert for Maco and for Gigabitfilm. Maco is selling it as Rollei ATP 1.1 and Gigabitfilm is selling it as Gigabitfilm GTP with Gigabitfilm developer.

2. Maco is the company behind the Rollei film programme. Maco has made a contract with Rollei for using the Rollei brand for their new film programme. This agreement started in 2004 afaik.

Best regards,
    Jana

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Has anyone actually used this stuff??? I was hoping the thread would be about the film itself, not about the company that makes it.
    Has anybody gotten any REAL results any from this film..Please see original post

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ravenstein, the Netherlands
    Rollei ATP-V1.1 Technical Pan
    SPUR Imagespeed 1+14 5:30 min
    Stop S-10 1+19 0:30 min
    Fix X55 (Acid) 1+7 4:00 min
    Wetting agent Rollei 1+3000 1:00 min

35mm negative NEW Technical Pan film Rollei
    E.I. 32

Rollei ATP-V1.1 Technical Pan
    SPUR Imagespeed 1+14 5:30 min
    Stop S-10 1+19 0:30 min
    Fix X55 (Acid) 1+7 4:00 min
    Wetting agent Rollei 1+3000 1:00 min

Very small part of the 35mm negative
    E.I. 32

Rollei ATP-V1.1 Technical Pan in Rollei Low Contrast (R.L.C.) 1+5 6:00 min. Small part of the 35mm negative. (E.I. 25)

Special developers are made by SPUR now: Technospeed (E.I. 20-40) and sold under Rollei ATP developer. Also Wolfgang Moersch has a special UGI developer for this Technical Pan film now. (E.I. 12-25)

This guy from Hürth, near Cologne (Köln) is really good. He also made a nice film test for the new introduced Rollei SUPER PAN 200 film in his FINOL staining developer. This Rollei film will be available worldwide after the Photokina 2008 in Cologne.

Here his publication in the German APHOG forum:
    http://www.aphog.de/index.php?option...d=214&Itemid=1
    The master printer Wolfgang Moersch is also giving a LITH seminar in the Netherlands (Veghel) on Saturday 19th January 2008; 10:00h - 16:00h. Overall costs: Euro 125,-

The Rollei ATP-V1.1 Technical Pan film is available in 35mm now. Around April 2008 the film will be also there in 120 roll film.
    The Rollei SUPER PAN 200 is expected in all formats (also sheet film). This will be the new "back bone" Rollei film, after the stock of Retro 100/400 films will be depleted. As known the Retro films are confectioned Agfa APX 100 (new) /400 (new) 35mm raw material (135 micron). This large APX stock will run out somewhere in 2008.

Best regards,

Robert

(Dutch Rollei/Maco and Moersch distributor)

Shooter
    Medium Format

ROLLEI ATP 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipRingler View Post
    Has anyone used the new Rollei Technical Pan film? Can it reach the same ridiculously high contrast levels, and is it as painfully sharp as its predecessor? Can it be processed in D-76? Dektol? I still have a bulk roll of Kodak TP but am excited about the new German version. Also, any idea when it will makes its way to the US?
    _philip
    1. Samples for the quality at: http://www.technical-pan.com/html/sa.../dd01d_fr.html exposed with 12 and/or 15 ISO. Developed in ROLLEI RLC, 1+4, 6 min., rythm 3 sec. with dest. water. Comment: I think, the quality of the crops of the skin lines of the thumb, telling very much over the quality of this film che,istry/combunation.

2. Availability in the USA: The importer FREESTYLE got an original allocation of films.

3. Dr5 made his own exoeriences with own chemistry.

4. At the beginning of 2008 took place the world-wide introduction on the market, films & chemistry available as trial test sets. ROLLEI RLC developer for 12/15 ISO. ROLLEI ATPPP DC developer for up to 40 ISO.

5. ROLLEI would like with the ATP 1.1 film a respectable successor of the KODAK TP2415. This film is developed in co-operation with the AGFA GEVAERT in Belgium.

6. The production of sheet films is not possible.

7. The production of roll film 120 takes place reliable. Latest presentation takes place in September 2008 in Cologne/Germany to the Photokina, starting at 09/23/2008.

8. 35mm bulk film is already available with 30.5 meters, and cartridges 135-36 in Europe. High class polyester film base with 100 micron. Extended spectral sensitivity range till 750 Nanometers. Secured supply from regualr large-scale production with the AGFA company in Belgium/Europe, also for the moment with 15,000 co-workers.

Regards
    Wolf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin