Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,580   Online: 997

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford's literature for at least some of their films recommends against presoaking due to the possibility of uneven development. I always thought presoaking helped to achieve even development, especially with short development times. In any event, I no longer presoak my films. When I first began developing my own film, I had some problems with air bubbles so I started presoaking. At some point I stopped the presoak and I've never had the problem with air bubbles again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    I think Kodak, generally speaking from experiences, like to put those funny dyes in to freak out everyone Tri-x always comes out some sort of weird colour when dumping out the developer. Portra films do as well. But Fuji 400H c-41 doesn't dump out weird colours and I can't think of any other B&W film that does besides tri-x...
    Kodak's T-Max films have dyes in them that come out in the first step or two, and more with the hypo clear (if you use it) or final rinses. I'm pretty sure at least some of Fuji's B&W films do this, too, but I don't shoot a lot of them, so I'm not positive of that. IIRC, Fuji Velvia 50 creates a distinctly green color in the pre-soak water. Overall, I'd say about half the films I shoot produce markedly colored output from at least one step of their processing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin