Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,819   Online: 1016

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford washaid vs Perma wash AND well water

Just from reading the instructions, they are likely different. If I follow Ilford's washing instructions but using Perma wash, will my prints be washed sufficiently of fixer? I'm guessing likely not, but in case someone else has done the research I'm asking. I know that 2 different solutions working differently could still each work to the same end. I've used Perma wash, but I've have started thinking much more about what I'm doing lately. Therefore, I ask those with much more experience.

Part 2
    Having had issues with the well water and film, I approach printing on fiber with trepidation. I haven't noticed anything awry with RC paper, but will it show with fiber? I can't really wash with distilled water - it'll end up costing more than the chemicals. Is try it and see the only answer?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    First, I think you need to follow the Permawash directions, if using Permawash.

Second, yes I think it is a try it and see situation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I have followed perma wash's instructions, but they seem to be very short times.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Permawash has been around a while and is a very trusted product.

I am sure the times are correct, even if they seem short.

That is why I use it.

Shooter
    35mm
    You will likely have less trouble with fiber (I'm assuming minerals), although longer wash times of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I'll be trying it out tonight. I have a couple I can't wait to print, too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin