Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,674   Online: 896

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Got my Slavich papers!

I'd ordered it from Freestyle at the end of November, but I'd just remembered that it hadn't arrived up here in Ottawa.

So, after a busy late shift last evening, I emailed them around 0300, went to bed and awoke at the sound of the doorbell at 0900. It was my Slavich!

Those guys are the best!
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am really happy with Slavich, the looks reminds me of Brovera, drys flat, both s/w and d/w, does not dry much darker than when wet, the s/w mounts with little fuss. I have not toned any yet but plan to tone over the weekend. Dont forget to use a red safe light.

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, this site has information on printing and toning Slavich Bromoportrait paper. I'm not sure how applicable it would be to other Slavich papers, but I thought I'd toss it out....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I really like this paper as well. I think it's just great. I have in fact toned it with selenium and was quite pleased with the results. example
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepry View Post
    I really like this paper as well. I think it's just great. I have in fact toned it with selenium and was quite pleased with the results. example
    What developer do you use? I have been using Clayton P20 1:5, thinking about Ansco 130 or Ultra Black.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    WOW, Mike! The tonality and colour on that is gorgeous, reminds me of Forte PWT. I may have to check out this Slavich paper!

- Justin

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I used the ZoneVI at recommended dilution. I toned at 1:20 w/Kodak Selenium. I posted up a thread awhile back on this stuff and didn't really get allot of interest in it. Oh well. Probably the best kept secret out there I figure.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found a lot to like, I just ordered grade 4 for my older 35mm negatives from the 60's. Although Slavich does well in Clayton I have a bottle of Zonal Pro stashed, and if in stock I will pick some Utra Black. I use gold toner for cold tones, I now have several prints to tone I am eger to see how Slavich reponds. I bought 25 sheets of the silk a couple of months ago which I have not used, seems to be no longer listed on the Freestyle site.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    I bought 25 sheets of the silk a couple of months ago which I have not used, seems to be no longer listed on the Freestyle site.
    I see the Bromoportrait 80 in silk on Freestyle's site; for instance, in grade 2 8x10 100 sheets. I haven't checked every combination, though, and I don't see Unibrom in silk finish.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepry View Post
    Probably the best kept secret out there I figure.
    I agree with Mike and glad to see the secret is slowly getting out.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin