Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,387   Posts: 1,683,248   Online: 682

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Last time I developed sheet film, with my IR goggles, I noticed that one of the sheets was completely unexposed (I must have forgot to remove the darkslide). As an experiment, I stuck the still-wet film sheet right onto my gralab timer, with the glowing numerals, for several seconds. I continued developing that sheet for several minutes but no image ever showed up. I was very surprised.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been developing my film only for some months and so far had one incindent that could be considered as a stupid mistake. I had serius trouble getting a specific film on a reel, but finally I managed to do it. Then I opened my darkroom (well, actually bathroom) door only to notice that I had forgot to put the cap on the tank. I quickly closed the door, put the cap on and then deveoped the film. I was sure the negative is ruined, so I was quite surprised to see it came out pretty nice.
    I like my film stirred, not shaken.
    Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Every once in a while though, (just for fun I suppose)...I'll turn on the enlarger, set the timer, change my filters, dodge, burn and whatever...before ever taking paper out of the box. Laughing and cursing follow swiftly.
    Yes this sounds like something I could/would/have done. I read all the posts but none have admitted to one of my stunts. What it is I have 2 developing tanks that used to look identical. One full of film the other not. No sense in me boring you with the details but I am sure you can forecast the ending of this story. Yellow electrical tape around one of them now.

Shooter
    35mm
    leaning back agesnt the wall... and my back pops the light switch... im like sh**! but by then, its too late... have had some amazing results with prints though where it looks like a negative... but from now on, i always take the bulb out if im doing critical or once in a lifetime shots or work!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jm94 View Post
    leaning back agesnt the wall... and my back pops the light switch... !
    that is why I have invested in switch covers
    D-76 is a standard developer, although not one I use.
    Ansel Adams - The Negative

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by trexx View Post
    that is why I have invested in switch covers
    Another option, is to locate the switch at the 7' level instead of the 5' level, so you need to reach up to flip it.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    While in the darkroom (not wearing any shoes) I was loading 8 x 10 film into holders, I heard a strange strange grinding type of sound, then nothing for split second, then very very sharp pain in the very top of my big toe realizing that an X-acto knife had rolled off the counter and landed exactly point down on my foot and stuck there. With my film out of the box, I completed loading the holders ten minutes later, put everything back into the box, turned on the light to see the knife still stuck in my foot which was now surrounded by a large pool of blood.
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My biggest problem is being drunk and fall with the film tank!

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    While in the darkroom (not wearing any shoes) I was loading 8 x 10 film into holders, I heard a strange strange grinding type of sound, then nothing for split second, then very very sharp pain in the very top of my big toe realizing that an X-acto knife had rolled off the counter and landed exactly point down on my foot and stuck there. With my film out of the box, I completed loading the holders ten minutes later, put everything back into the box, turned on the light to see the knife still stuck in my foot which was now surrounded by a large pool of blood.
    Why is that someone else's pain can be so funny. I take it you have learned your lesson and found a safe place for the exacto knife.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Took lid off tank (Patterson) and started draining developer chemistry by holding tank on the side and the light tight seal lid fell off, flashing a few frames. Moral, one hand on side to pour while second hand acts as a safety to make sure light barrier lid doesn't fall off. Think it must have unseated itself whilst all the agitation or I never locked the light lid in all the way when I loaded the film. Never the less hope a newby can learn from my silliness.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin