Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,102   Online: 1044

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by trexx View Post
    that is why I have invested in switch covers
    Another option, is to locate the switch at the 7' level instead of the 5' level, so you need to reach up to flip it.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    While in the darkroom (not wearing any shoes) I was loading 8 x 10 film into holders, I heard a strange strange grinding type of sound, then nothing for split second, then very very sharp pain in the very top of my big toe realizing that an X-acto knife had rolled off the counter and landed exactly point down on my foot and stuck there. With my film out of the box, I completed loading the holders ten minutes later, put everything back into the box, turned on the light to see the knife still stuck in my foot which was now surrounded by a large pool of blood.
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My biggest problem is being drunk and fall with the film tank!

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    While in the darkroom (not wearing any shoes) I was loading 8 x 10 film into holders, I heard a strange strange grinding type of sound, then nothing for split second, then very very sharp pain in the very top of my big toe realizing that an X-acto knife had rolled off the counter and landed exactly point down on my foot and stuck there. With my film out of the box, I completed loading the holders ten minutes later, put everything back into the box, turned on the light to see the knife still stuck in my foot which was now surrounded by a large pool of blood.
    Why is that someone else's pain can be so funny. I take it you have learned your lesson and found a safe place for the exacto knife.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Took lid off tank (Patterson) and started draining developer chemistry by holding tank on the side and the light tight seal lid fell off, flashing a few frames. Moral, one hand on side to pour while second hand acts as a safety to make sure light barrier lid doesn't fall off. Think it must have unseated itself whilst all the agitation or I never locked the light lid in all the way when I loaded the film. Never the less hope a newby can learn from my silliness.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine is only a near miss.

One day, I was printing with paper out of my paper safe and I ran out. I thought, ok, no problem. On the light comes on and out the darkroom to get a box of paper from a closet. Now with an empty paper safe with full box of paper on my desk, I proceeded to open the paper safe. My hand goes to the box of paper and I start to open the box. WAIT, THE LIGHT IS STILL ON!

From this time on, I always put a piece of painter's tape (the blue kind) on my paper box just to slow me down and add an extra step to catch myself.

I came close few more times but the tape always reminds me to do it in the dark.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Ohhh I like that blue tape idea. Thanks for the share.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How do you see the blue tape in the dark?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't. The point is, if I try to open it in light, I will see that blue tape that will remind me NOT to do that. It will also add an extra step before I can cause some damage.

You can try red, pink, fuchsia, or purple tape. Your mileage may vary.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I understood that when I originally read it, but I thought would take the opportunity to jerk you chain.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin