Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,901   Online: 1046

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    The cell phone thing, only it was 8x10 sheet film in a tray. She was calling just to say she loved me.
    I've nearly had the cellphone thing, but always had the presence of mind to stop myself answering...

...however, I can't feel smug for long. Not after thinking "damn, need some better music", picking up the iPod I have hooked up to the speakers in the 'darkroom', scrolling through the song list, picking something really good; and then thinking "hmm; iPod backlight..."

Fortunately, only a sheet of paper ruined.
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah...there was the time I was developing my first print of the session...gee...weird no image is appearing...then I remembered I had stored the bottles full of water-not chemicals

developing prints with water doesn't work...

-----

then once I opened the developing tank right under a lightbulb right after I finished loading it with film...I closed the top really fast then processed the film...top 35mm roll completely black...bottom roll black, but you could sortta tell there had once been an image there

---------

I once took a disposable panoramic camera & removed the mask over the film that makes it "panoramic"...it was just a nice full-frame wide angle camera now...I thought it was a clever trick...except when I developed the film in my old plastic "twirl-to-agitate" tank, I hadn't noticed that I didn't have enough developer...so only half the roll got developed--and it looked as if the camera was still in "panoramic" format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My recent d'oh' moment consisted of me incorrectly developing some B&W film. I used a two part pyro developer (with solution A and B) and after development and fixing, I pulled out a blank reel. I then realized that instead of using alkali for solution B, I used a solution of potassium iodide.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, not a darkroom foul up per se, but I can’t find the notes from my last little excursion. Now I have a dozen sheets of TXP exposed under various lightning conditions and no way of knowing which is which...
    Last edited by Uhner; 12-25-2007 at 07:45 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: My bad.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhner View Post
    Well, not a darkroom foul up per se, but I can’t find the notes from my last little excursion. Now I have a dozen sheets of TXP exposed under various lightning conditions and no way of knowing which is which...
    Oh man that really bites! I do all my note taking on a little handheld tape recorder then annotate them later on a specific form I have made so everything is legible and neat---works for me. I do keep a small card to aid in my thinking: basic exp-->filter/factor-->bellows ext factor-->total factor-->reciprocity adjustment.

My biggest near FU in the darkroom since being in LF was, after being distracted by a short discussion with my wife through the door, to almost turn the light switch on while film is out of the box. Whew!! that was a close one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh, another one I remembered. I'm supposedly one the people at the university darkroom who knows what they're doing, but one day I got a whiff out of the fixer bottle and concluded that some moron, obviously not me, had put stop bath in with the fixer. I poured it out and got the fixer concentrate to make a new batch. I then noticed that the scent of fixer is somewhat reminescent of acetic acid...

- Justin

Images
    We added on a new bedroom, closet, darkroom, and bath. First things first - my husband finished the darkroom before the rest so I could get to work in it. One day I left the water running in my very deep sink, rinsing prints as I always do. Some of those little test pieces had clogged up the drain and when I returned, water was running over the edges of the sink, under the door, and right under the walls! Oops... just glad we hadn't put carpet down yet in the bedroom. I've never done that one again and hope I never do!
    Last edited by jgcull; 12-25-2007 at 08:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ya just don't get stories like this with digital!

"oops I deleted the file" simply isn't as funny

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I was loading 5 sheets of 8x10 into the 3005 Jobo drum. The last time I had loaded the drum I had an 8x10 holder hit the floor, so after loading neg #5, I made sure that my holders were safe. Turned on the room light and thought, "Why does the drum look so different?" It certainly does look different with the top off. I had a couple nice shots of my boys on that film...

Student-wise, I did have a student develop his 4x5 negatives in the film holders. I do not know why...

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was thinking of developing a digital camera...toss it in the dev,stop,fix just for the sheer joy of it

maybe I should coat it with liquid light first...hmmmmm

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin