Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,328   Online: 1055

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Today I developed a roll of 135 and a roll of 120 film. It was when I finished the 120 roll when I remembered that it needs more liquid than the 135.
    I like my film stirred, not shaken.
    Flickr

Shooter
    35mm

not very happy story

Couple years back I was shooting wedding of my friend; everything went fine but at the end the bride had asked me if I could shoot some in B/W..so I did but I could not develop this film for few weeks. When it came to it I had about 5 films to develop and I knew that the wedding was the most important so I left it to the last. All films were developed the same except for the wedding photoshoot - I forgotten to put the middle spool in - the one that blocks the light to come in to the tank. All was fogged..

Shooter
    35mm

another one

About 6 months ago, I found a box with some of my old negatives. These were from the time when I was teenager and when I kept them all in rolls. I've decided to wash them, hang them dry and keep them properly. One of the films I was doing late afternoon and I had it in running water when I realised that I had to run for work. So I just left it in the tank, closed it and thought I will hang the film when I return. After 5 days I realised that I still had the film in the tank; the film was completely washed.. Luckily I managed to make scans before I loaded the tank and the images were not so important.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkroomExperimente View Post
    ya just don't get stories like this with digital!

"oops I deleted the file" simply isn't as funny
    About a year ago (before I switched to film), I went to a cultural fair in Houston with some of my friends. While there, I was using 2 d*****l cameras. One of them can take videos with sound, the other cannot. As I was downloading the files to my computer, the first camera came out fine. The other camera was a total mess. 42.7 MiB of lost file/file sectors. That represented ~150 pictures/silent videos. Since then I have switched to film. I have had no problems since then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Going through this thread is really a great learning experience! Now I know that a wet/humid plastic reel will most definitely result in a expletive-laden, sweaty-handed scratch-a-thon, culminating in a miserable night of scanning ruined negatives.
    Dreaming in Ektachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm taking a darkroom course at CPCC (local community college), and I have found that some of the students leave reels, tanks, and other stuff lying out after they finish. I like to have a clean work area. So, I tossed all the used stuff in a sink and turned on the faucet, then went off to do something else. I could hear the water running so I figured there was no problem. Apparently one of the tank lids got sucked onto the drain... Suddenly the sound of the water changed to that of a waterfall, and I came running but it was already too late, there was water all over the floor. And no mop in sight! I used every towel in the darkroom to clean up the water... never done that before!

Shooter
    Multi Format

stupid mistakes

Took an introductory b&w darkroom class out for a photo shoot one Saturday afternoon. We went back to the darkroom to develop the 20 plus rolls of film. Other photographers (community darkroom) were making prints, so we developed the film in safe light mode. Not one roll of film turned out! Cause: previously, someone had poured the stop bath into the film developer bottle instead of the stop bath bottle! Teachable moment to be sure.
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by walbergb View Post
    Took an introductory b&w darkroom class out for a photo shoot one Saturday afternoon. We went back to the darkroom to develop the 20 plus rolls of film. Other photographers (community darkroom) were making prints, so we developed the film in safe light mode. Not one roll of film turned out! Cause: previously, someone had poured the stop bath into the film developer bottle instead of the stop bath bottle! Teachable moment to be sure.
    Wow I hope not all 20 were lost and only 1 was... =[

Shooter
    35mm
    I started developing my own film using Ilford DD-X and Ilford Rapid Fix. After a few successful rolls, I started getting entire rolls that were totally blank (not even the numberings came out). To compound the problem, not all the subsequent rolls were bad. Some days, the rolls came out ok, and some days, they were blanks.

I blamed it on the film, I blamed it on the water, I blamed it on the thermometer until one day, I realized that my developer was labelled "DD-X" on one side, and "Rapid Fix" on the other.

I then remembered that one day, I had removed the sticky label from my Rapid Fix bottle to read what was written beneath it. After that, I must have stuck it back on the DD-X instead of the Rapid Fix bottle!. So, in the end, I had to blame myself !! :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Today I was developing film, when I suddenly noticed that someting was wrong. Developer bottle had a white cap, unlike other R09 bottles. So I was developing film with print developer. I finished the proccess as I normally would. Apparently Fomadon R09 and Fomatol LQN are not so different, although negatives came out more contrasty than normal.

I'm happy I got something out of the roll, because there were shots of a very nice, but camera-shy girl. I also took about 7 photos of her with my medium format camera. All of them nicely on one frame, because I forgot to wind the film.
    I like my film stirred, not shaken.
    Flickr

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin