Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,281   Online: 868

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151920212223242526 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Once after a long developing session I did contact sheets for quite a few rolls of film. It was really late at night when I had only one left. I exposed the paper, walked up to the processor with the paper in one and the neg sleeve in the other hand ... and instead of the paper put the neg sleeve into the processor. I remember that I was cursing because the "paper" seemed exceptionally sloppy and difficult to feed into the processor this time. Imagine the horror when I switched on the light and realized my error.

Fortunately the negs survived and I gave them a thorough wash.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Sooner or later in every darkroom session, the print tongs slip off the side of the tray and end up dunked in the liquid. It's always either the developer or fixer, never the water!!

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make sure you have your iPhones OFF when you are struggling to get the film onto the reel
    I use mine as a timer and it is always with me, not always flight-mode :P
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I was developing a roll for a class assignment, grabbed the "developer" happily went through the processing, and when dumping out the chemical, the water was purple (Hp 5+), turns out I used the Hypowash instead of developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Soare View Post
    What? A glowing heater in the darkroom? Ouch!
    And it's allowed to switch on by itself? Double ouch!

Well, funny thing is.... I never noticed that the heating element glowed red before. Not with the red safe-lights on
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Been processing quite a number of color contact sheets in roller drums lately. Mostly 8x10 but a handful of 11x14 as well. Unfortunately my 11x14 drum needs new rubber bands and not once or twice, but _three times_ being in a hurry I threw it up on the roller unit, turned around and was splashed with developer as it slid sideways and fell to the floor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post
    Make sure you have your iPhones OFF when you are struggling to get the film onto the reel
    I use mine as a timer and it is always with me, not always flight-mode :P
    I use the Massive Dev Chart app on my phone, which has a handy "dim-green" mode. It is perfect for timing tray development of sheet film. (I keep the phone on a work table a few steps away from my trays, so there is virtually no light bleed to my film) ...until my daughter texts me to say hi, (love that girl.) at which point the screen glows its normal bright daylight colours and I have to dash to cover the it before I destroy a sheet of film.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    End of printing session
    1) Put funnel on empty 1L bottle to fill stop into
    2) Pour 1L stop from tray into funnel which drains into bottle
    3) *distract oneself*
    4) Pour 1L left over dev from tray into funnel
    5) Watch in amazement the funnel overfill with a nice dev/stop mix
    6) Smile, clean up....he
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Reminded myself again why you should never develop film when you're tired.

Working solution for Rollei RHS-DC works out to 20ml RHS + 300ml water per 35mm film. Doubled that for two films, 600ml water, and, you guessed it, 20ml RHS. Talk about thin negs...

Shooter
    35mm
    Finished developing a 36 exp roll of film, hang it up in the bathroom and forgot to close the door. Entered the bathroom about 90 minutes later to see one of my cats having a great time shredding the negatives. She thought it was a great toy!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin