Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,774   Online: 925

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526

Images
    House shopping last summer. The one thing I wanted was a real space for a darkroom. House I bought has absolutely no space for a darkroom at all.

You have to buy what the wife wants.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Going into the darkroom in the first place. Now I'm hooked If you can count that a mistake
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My darkroom is a 4' bathroom with no windows. My workbench is the back of the toilet. The light switch is on the outside.
    ALWAYS tell the wife and daughter, otherwise more film will be wasted! "I didn't know you were in there, the light's off!"

Using an online metronome for timing during development while tired is an easy way to blank out and lose track of your progress! "Was that 8 or 9 minutes?"

I was out shooting with my new to me 4x5 camera and made what could have been perfect, only I metered for 400 with FP4+ loaded. Using outdated fixer left me a blank and purplish sheet of plastic. It wasn't a total waste, as the underfixed purplish negative can be used to add a touch of contrast when I contact print multigrade with my flash!

Shooter
    Large Format
    i hate when i turn the lights on and i forgot to close the box of paper.
    LUCKILY i often times use azo paper which is soooo sloooow
    that the room light for like 5 seconds didn't do anything to it

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It only happens when I'm working with film! At least now, it's only 1 sheet lost instead of a roll. When I'm doing printing, the daughter is usually with me and the wife is out, so it's not too bad.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Stupid mistakes in the darkroom

The first time I processed a 15 foot roll if 70mm I reversed the stop and fixer steps... However, it's been a year and the images are just fine, napery came out exposed correctly and they still look good... Makes you wonder...

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    The first time I processed a 15 foot roll if 70mm I reversed the stop and fixer steps... However, it's been a year and the images are just fine, napery came out exposed correctly and they still look good... Makes you wonder...
    The fixer would stop the developer. Without the stop bath first, the fixer does not last as long. The stop bath after accomplishes nothing and gets rinsed out with the washing. Just one of those survivable mistakes. Now if you used the fixer first followed by the developer, it would not have been so good!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The fixer would stop the developer. Without the stop bath first, the fixer does not last as long. The stop bath after accomplishes nothing and gets rinsed out with the washing. Just one of those survivable mistakes. Now if you used the fixer first followed by the developer, it would not have been so good!
    When you say "does not last as long" what do you mean?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    When you say "does not last as long" what do you mean?
    The developer shortens the life of the fixer, so the fixer does not fix as many rolls of film.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The developer shortens the life of the fixer, so the fixer does not fix as many rolls of film.
    OH yes of course, gotcha.

~Stone

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin