Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,667   Online: 685

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    knocking a bunch of 4x5 film on the floor, as i was
    trying to load them into holders ... then in the dark, trying
    to find all the film, and then another box to put the dirty film ...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I spilled my beer in my developer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The biggest mistake I ever made in the darkroom was thinking I was a good printer. That was corrected the next day when I showed the prints to someone who knew better. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have taught myself that it is possible to fix film in straight undiluted fix part A without the film disolving.

It is possible (processing film in the dark) to take film out of the developer absent mindedly after the first 30 seconds and put it in the stop bath then stand 15 minutes washing film by feel in the dark and then putting it back into the developer and it finished up fine. (not my film) (stressful)

It is not ok to open a new box of paper in the light to see what it looks like. My first ever box.

You can expose a 4x5 sheet of color film through the base in the holder.. just comes out very off color.

Paper developer mixed with out sodium carbonate doesn't do anything.

Paper developer mixed without Potas bromide gives very flat prints.

When loading films rolled on reels into the developer tank, make sure you get them all in and don't leave one on the counter.

Clearly I am smarter every day.
    Dennis

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by radiantdarkroom View Post
    And then there was the time I was the darkroom tech at the college and some students decided to have a water fight with fixer. That's the only time I really lost it.
    I would have lost it, too. Students would be flying out of the darkroom...and I may not open the doors first.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Don't put all your cut & unexposed test strip materials from several different papers in the same bag, unless you want to spend half an hour running tests for your 11x14 kentmere fiber VC print on test strips cut from 8.5 x 11 out-dated ilford MG III RC semi-gloss.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Last night printing I left the door to the lamphouse open after changing filters. Luckily it only hurt a test strip!

- Justin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pesphoto View Post
    I spilled my beer in my developer
    Better than the other way around!! :o

Ed

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    8x10 large format holders, ready for development resting against a wall, 4 of them fell over and 2 of the darkslides slid out with the momentum - learned that the little clips are more than just 'helpful' - essential ...

Cellphone and iPod very close also, they were far enough away from the tray so as not to cause fogging ... I do a lot of developing in the bottom of the shower (no not whilst I'm in it) - but a downstairs light that is not used very often has its fixture very close to the drain hole - lifting a sheet of film from the developer to stop and all of a sudden its all lit up - swearing, yelling 'switch it off! switch it off!' to no avail ... Neg still came out ok though - I now put tape over the switch before heading in ...
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Oh, spilling the developer inthe beer reminds me of tmy worst screw up ever. I put a full 2 liter stainless steel developer can in the chest freezer to cool the temp down. When I went to get the can out of the chest I slipped and dropped it and spilled the whole 2 liters of developer all over all the food in the nearly full chest freezer. I had to (with the help of a very angry spouse) take everything out of the freezer and wash it off and then wash out the freezer. It doesn't sound so bad I guess but it was horrible and developer all over everything really stinks.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin