Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,001   Posts: 1,633,472   Online: 868

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I was once given a Paterson contact printer for 35mm, and spent hours "taping" the negatives inside the glass (and even printed a few contact sheets that way!), before I realised the right way to use it

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I once used exhausted fixer on a roll of 120. It came out still pink and mostly solid with just a hint of image. Took it out in broad light and gasped and shoved it back in the tank again. Used fresh fixer and all came out ok.

Also had the top lid stuck once and tried everything to jam it open. Ended up over developing by 4 minutes as I tried desperately to knock the top off against the corner of the sink.
    I brake for fixer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Timely thread, in my case...
    I was printing Saturday. I drain my archival print washer into a utility sink, with the hose. For some reason, I had moved the hose out of the sink a few days before. I didn't put it back in before printing. After awhile, I noticed my sneakers getting "squishy"...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I was using reloadable cassettes I would always run the tape around the spindle back around to the other side of the film so it was taped both sides, I never had one tear loose.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Steve,
    I should have thought before throwing the film away. I was just too excited to think. However there were some photos on the other roll, which I liked.

Gary, I today reloaded a cassette, now using your method. I later realised the problem was that the surface between the sticky side of the tape and the film simply wasn't sufficient.

Edit: Thank you Gary for the trick, there was absolutely no problem at the end of the roll of film I shot and developed tonight.
    Last edited by Aron; 08-28-2009 at 04:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just the other day I left the door open on my uder counter frig. Had most of my paper and film in it. It thawed and soaked most every thing in it. The stuff that was in the plastic inner bag is all right but the older stuff in the paper wrappers, that can not be replaced, is toast.
    Leslie D. Wall
    AKA DeBone75

Shooter
    35mm
    fix develop wash....thats the proper order...right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't spent enough time in the darkroom for major f u's. However every once in a while after focussing and proper composition I expose, develop and start wondering why the paper is not showing a picture. Only to remeber I didn't remove the red glass while exposing.
    Other thing when I did my first LF. I took a shot. Put down the negative holder, rearrange the props come back and wondering which is already exposed?
    Last thing was that I did remember if I loaded my Yashica Mat with color or b/w. The dial on the camera said color but I didn't trust myself. My bright idea was to open the cam check it out with a small red light and close it again. To bad the camera then thinks it had received a new film. It was a black and white film. And it will turn out with a big clear part in the middle.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a darkroom at present. I do have a very nice walk-in closet in my bedroom in which I have set up a small table and chair so that I might load film holders, developing tanks, etc. iPods, cell phones, they have ruined a few sheets for me, but you HAVE TO REMEMBER to be sure the cat is not napping in a corner before you close off the area. My kitty is no help when I have an open box of film on the table. She has managed to knock film, holders, the entire box onto the carpet. And it she sits on an open holder you will be blessed with these funny hair lines all over your photo.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Luckily, I haven't done something very bad. The usual mistake is not stopping down the enlarger lens after focusing and having a totally black test strip

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin