Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,652   Online: 776

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: X-TOL question

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd assume that would be the case. I still can't understand your "Five Litre Death Syndrome" though. For quite a few years now I've made up 5 litres of stock and diluted it to working strength as I needed it. Probably takes me anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks to use up - and over that period the container is increasingly "not full". Never had an issue. Thought I did once - but it was a roll of TMX I'd inadvertently exposed at EI 6400!! Couldn't blame anyone for that. But obviously from this thread it's not just you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe 10 years ago, mixed up 5 liters, 2 or 3 weeks later just gave out. At the time this seemed to be an issue, sudden death as opposed to just petering out over time. I dont recall the roll count as I was using 1:1 and dumping. I am reconsidering X trol as I am slowing using up all of my old stock and want to use a developer that I dont need mail order.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Paul, was the packaging the old style packaging 10 years ago? With the smaller pt A bag made from paper? Because as I understand it that was the culprit. The part A bag allowed something to oxidize or somehow go bad if the package sat on the shelf too long. Then Kodak changed the packaging to mylar and fixed the problem.. as I understand it. I can attest that Kodak did indeed change the packaging some years ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi
    I fill the fresh XTOL in 5 glas bottles at 1 liter filled up to the top!
    I use XTOL replinished in my huge 2 gallon tank undiluted for a bit over a year and all was fine. With every new development i was giving 1 liter fresh developer to it after I was taking one liter out!
    Now I do the same at 1:1 which is not recomanded by Kodak but for 5 month it worked also this way perfect.
    But its always in a dark and cold place if not in use!
    In my opinion in full strenghs it lasts almost forever with replinishing!
    Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin